Incident Response Analyst
Contract to Hire
The Incident Response Analyst is responsible for the monitoring, investigation and escalation of security incidents found in the environment. As the incident response analyst, you will perform daily log reviews and event analysis including the review of various systems logs: file integrity monitoring logs, intrusion detection events, and anti-virus/malware scan results! The primary responsibility of the IR Analyst is to triage events, optimize rule sets, and reducing false positives from daily log reviews. Security in the healthcare space is booming, so join this growing team today by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/MIS/or equivalent and at least 5+ years' experience working in Information Security
- Knowledge of threat identification and incident response protocols
- Experience with SIEM tools such as Splunk or Qradar
- Other nice to haves are scripting in Python and Powershell, forensics, network protocols and traffic, operating system knowledge – Linux and Windows.
- DLP experience (Symantec or similar) is strongly desired
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Capable of relating compliance, technical and nontechnical information to varied audiences with impact.
- Requires knowledge of regulatory and contractual compliance requirements for information systems, security and privacy.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective, respectful, and trusting relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, external colleagues and vendors representing varying needs, personalities, and styles.
- Primarily completing threat management and incident response.
- The Incident Response Analyst responds to disruptions within the pertinent domain to mitigate immediate and potential threats.
- Uses mitigation, preparedness, and response and recovery approaches to maximize survival of data, preservation of property, and information security. Investigates and analyzes relevant response activities and evaluates the effectiveness of and improvements to existing practices.
- The Senior Incident Response Analyst uses defensive measures and information collected from a variety of sources to identify, analyze, and report events that occur or might occur within the enterprise network in order to protect information, information systems, and networks from threats.
Why You Should Apply:
- Get your foot in the door with one of the most prestigious healthcare companies in Columbus!
- Growing security team, which means lots of upward mobility
- Work on the cutting-edge with DevSecOps
- This healthcare system has been named a Top 100 place to work for the last 12 years!
About Eight Eleven:
At Eight Eleven, our business is people. Relationships are at the center of what we do. A successful partnership is only as strong as the relationship built. We’re your trusted partner for IT hiring, recruiting and staffing needs.
For over 16 years, Eight Eleven has established and maintained relationships that are designed to meet your IT staffing needs. Whether it’s contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement work, we customize our search based upon your company's unique initiatives, culture and technologies. With our national team of recruiters placed at 21 major hubs around the nation, Eight Eleven finds the people best-suited for your business. When you work with us, we work with you. That’s the Eight Eleven promise.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.