Information Assurance Specialist
Location: Scott AFB Status:
Brooksource is seeking full-time, motivated Information Assurance Specialist to support the Transportation Geospatial Information System (TGIS) contract with the US Army Military Surface Deployment and Distribution Command (SDDC). As the Information Assurance Specialist, you will ensure SDDC requirements are met to include but not limited to risk management, certification and accreditation, vulnerability management, program management support, technical risk assessments on information technology systems and documentation generation.
• The primary role is working with developers, system engineers, and program managers to create, process, and manage certification and accreditation packages using eMASS
• Communicate complex concepts to both technical personnel and mid and senior level management
• Expertly skilled in working with vulnerability assessment tools and applications such as Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Compliance Checker, Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Nessus, Fortify, as well as Security Readiness Review Scripts and Security Technical Implementation Guides Benchmarks and Checklists
• Apply DISA STIGs and patches to mitigate vulnerabilities
• An active Secret clearance
• A Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
• One of the following certifications: CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH
• Demonstrated experience in creating, processing, and managing certification and accreditation packages
• Demonstrated experience using automated management information systems to perform fact finding, analytical, and advisory functions related to information assurance activities
• Demonstrated experience developing solutions to problems relating to improving information assurance effectiveness, work methods, resources requirements, and utilization and controls
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.