IT Risk Assessment Analyst
The Associate Information Security Assessor will be part of the Risk & Compliance team in Enterprise
Information Security (EIS). The Risk & Compliance team is responsible for assessing and monitoring compliance to our information security policies and procedures across the enterprise. As the Information Security Assessor, you will evaluate, and support the documentation, validation, and accreditation processes necessary to ensure new and existing information technology (IT) systems meet the organization's information assurance (IA) and security requirements. You will also ensure appropriate treatment of risk, compliance, and monitoring assurance from internal and external perspectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Technology, or related field or experience
- 2-5 years of Information Security experience, ideally in a Risk, or Governance/ Compliance capacity.
- Prior experience with Service Now and the Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) Portal.
- Experience with the Risk Assessment lifecycle.
- Strong communication, documentation skills, and attention to detail
- Knowledge of PCI or HIPAA compliance strongly preferred
- Certifications in security/ risk including CISA, CISSP, GCIH, GSEC or similar preferred
- Relating compliance, technical and nontechnical information to varied audiences with impact
- Ensure information assurance-enabled products or other compensating security control technologies reduce identified risk to an acceptable level
- Develop and Implement information assurance/independent audit processes for application software/networks/systems and oversee ongoing independent audits to ensure that operational processes and procedures are in compliance with organizational and mandatory IA requirements and accurately followed by
- Monitor information protection assurance mechanisms related to system implementation and testing practices
- Maintain information systems assurance and accreditation materials
- Take lead on new projects and initiatives
- Very small team with the ability to move up quickly
- Family atmosphere
- 1 day/week work from home (after ramp-up period)
- Work/life balance incredibly evident– will not have to work more than 40 hours!
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.