Information Systems Security Officer
Brooksource is seeking an IS Security Officer to join our Federal Security client in Huntsville, AL, in 2021. In this role, you will provide knowledge of cybersecurity, privacy analysis and InfoSec consulting throughout the security assessment and compliance life cycle processes. You will review and analyze cybersecurity and privacy policies, programs, compliance artifacts, and standards to support government and industry security compliance, systems accreditation, and management.
One role that you will take ownership of is assessing the effectiveness of an organization's IT security and privacy training program, including conducting social engineering exercises to ensure training remains consistent with current cybersecurity, privacy threats, and policies to assist with achieving full compliance with any or all laws and regulations. You will get to provide leadership and mentoring to junior employees, as well contribute to the development of innovative principals and ideas. Our client will also be looking to you to help solve unusually complex problems, provide highly creative solutions, and act as a leader on large programs and projects that affect the organization's long-term goals and objectives.
· 10+ years of experience with IT security as a Systems or Information Security Engineer
· Active Top-Secret clearance
· A programming or software engineering background
· Experience with security systems including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, and content filtering
· Knowledge of federal security policies, including NIST 800-53, FISMA, and the Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG)
Wish List Qualifications:
· 2+ years of experience with implementing or assessing Cloud Security Controls in accordance with FEDRAMP or Cloud Security Control frameworks, specifically with AWS
· CISSP Certification
· AWS Security Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.