Infrastructure Analyst I
Position will serve as primary Data Center support to Critical IT Infrastructure at our Fortune 500 utilities client. Primary roles & responsibilities include capacity planning for data hall, rack/stack and cabling for IT infrastructure including server, storage and telecom teams all within a NERC CIP environment. An additional key responsibility will be to coordinate routine preventive maintenance activities along with Project related efforts for Facilities Maintenance team in the region.
- Integrate software to enable usage, support, and monitoring of various hardware technologies.
- Develop and maintain routine work procedures and define standard installation and upgrade methodologies.
- Evaluation, acquisition, installation, integration testing, upgrading components and performance monitoring.
- Plans, designs, installs and/or supports computer systems.
- Facilitates technical and business planning for upgrades.
- Provides technical guidance related to software and hardware to members of the IT staff.
- Develops (or assists in developing) standards for IT software and hardware. Assists in the design and implementation of required systems.
- Integrates software and hardware configurations to maximize performance.
- Coordinates hardware and software upgrades with other areas of IT or other business units.
- Prepares activity and progress reports regarding individual and project activity.
- Keeps abreast of new hardware and software developments, evaluates alternative approaches, and recommends new software or upgrades which enhance operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent direct work related experience.
- Work experience in addition to a degree: 1-2 years.
- In lieu of Bachelor's degree AND one (1) years minimum of related work experience listed above, High School/GED AND three (3) years minimum related work experience
- Job-specific knowledge, skills or abilities: Practical experience with Operating Systems, Software and Hardware. General computer usage and support skills.
- Prior experience with Linux administration/support (2+ years)
- Experience with Red Hat Linux Operating Systems – RHEL 6/7/8
- Ability to thoroughly document work processes, communicate, and adhere to processes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills (listening, conflict management, approachability, negotiations).
- Ability to effectively prioritize activities and focus team efforts based-on priority.
- Ability to research independently, multi-task, and meet deadlines under tight timeframes.
- Ability to build working relationships with different levels within the organization.
- Ability to work effectively in a work plan driven/team environment.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.