Inside Plant Technician
Our Fortune 50 Telecom client is looking for a Headend Technician to join their Engineering organization. The Headend Technician will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting all the data center structured cabling and infrastructure. This hardworking and collaborative team is looking for someone to help racking of equipment in the headend and implementing and adapting the cabling designs and business needs.
- 1+ year experience in a Headend environment, supporting cabling equipment and infrastructure
- Familiarity with node splits, RF engineering practices, and HFC fiber infrastructure
- Strong cable preparation and management skills and experience running fiber and copper in a headend environment
- Design, install and optimize RF network providing downstream and upstream connectivity of optical components, CMTS and other related equipment
- Install, configure and maintain processing and transportation network equipment to provide reliable signal delivery to distribution components.
- Work closely with engineering team in planning, budgeting, installing, testing and deploying distribution network enhancements to provide increased capacity and reliability.
- Plan installs and insure wiring, labeling and equipment setup for support launches of new services.
- Maintain all headend facilities and ensures that they are kept in a professional and organized manner and free of unnecessary equipment and debris.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.