Job Title: Integrations Software Developer
Location: 100% Remote
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Integrations Software Developer is a member of the IT & Engineering Team, developing custom IT solutions for our end users. You will be joining one of our Agile Scrum teams responsible for developing mobile applications, webpages, backends, and databases as well as identifying opportunities to trial and deploy new capabilities and tools to keep current with technology. Ideal candidates will possess a drive for thinking creatively to resolve complex problems and enjoy contributing to solutions. This role will allow you to focus on acquiring and sending data from and to external and internal sources, transforming it, and integrating it into a database/data warehouse. This role will be responsible for configuration and setup of the tool(s) and environment, developing, testing, and implementing systems and processes related to data acquisition, transfer, integration, management, and support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Design and Develop
- Design and develop environments and processes to acquire and deliver data to and from customers and vendors in a secure and efficient manner.
- Set up and automate processes to acquire data in structured and/or semi-structured format, and to consume data received, as a batch process or in real-time or in defined intervals.
- Collaborate with Data Integration Specialists, help to analyze data, design and build database tables to capture all data elements, and load data, while maintaining data lineage and operational tracking.
- Use APIs to extract or send data to and from vendor systems for listing and membership data.
- Work closely with analysts and other developers to build data warehouses and optimize processes.
- Continuously enhance, fine-tune, monitor, support, and maintain all integration processes.
- Streamline and improve data integration efficiencies, reducing effort related to development and support, while providing security, flexibility, and scalability.
- Work with external users and vendors to set up processes to extract and deliver data as needed.
Test and Support:
• Work with IT QA to test developed solutions
• Collaborate with IT QA and support personnel to troubleshoot reported bugs
• Lead small scale projects to their completion using appropriate methodologies
• Use Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) as necessary for collaboration
Other duties as assigned:
- Participate in projects assigned by manager
- Maintain and follow ISO standards
- Seek out and complete appropriate training, development and research
- Knowledge of department processes
- Support the mission and goals of the company
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Related Degree or equivalent experience – Required
- 3+ years experience with software development in enterprise systems – Required
- Experience with building out RESTful APIs – Required
Other Requirements / Preferences:
Prefer understanding of the following:
- Remote position within the Eastern or Central Time Zone – Required
- Ability to travel to the West Chester, OH office one to two days per month – Highly Preferred
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.