Intelligent Automation Developer
Large Insurance Client
Lansing, Grand Rapids, or Traverse City, MI
We offer a merit-based work-from-home program based on job responsibilities. After initial training in-person, this specific role could have the flexibility to work from home up to 95% of the time. Please note that we are not currently hiring fully remote positions. All candidates must have the ability to work in one of our tech offices from time to time. Our tech offices for this position are in Lansing, Michigan and Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Our client, a top-rated insurance carrier, is seeking a motivated individual to join our IT Division as an Intelligent Automation Developer. Responsibilities include developing, maintaining, and supporting software applications for new and existing systems. The position requires the person to:
- Define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain new and pre-existing software programs and applications.
- Actively participate in code/design reviews and brainstorming sessions.
- Develop program and system documentation.
- Analyze and fix software errors in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Consult with users, architects, project leaders, and management to resolve problems and suggest alternatives.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, a related field, or equivalent experience is required.
- Experience with any of these development technologies is a plus: RPA, Machine Learning, NLP, OCR/ICR, Data Analysis and Java.
- Identify innovations in OCR, text analytics and NLP leveraging ML/AI and deep learning to help advance automation, knowledge discovery, decision-making and insights, and streamline business processes or enable new capabilities in document understanding and knowledge extraction from text and unstructured data.
- The aptitude and desire for software development while demonstrating initiative.
- Knowledge of Agile software development principles, process, and tools.
- Must be able to learn and effectively use tools and software development techniques as practiced, acquired, or adopted within the IT Division.
Our Client offers a wide range of career opportunities, and we are seeking talent that will help continue their long tradition of success. The Company offers a friendly work environment, structured training program, employee mentoring and an excellent compensation/benefits package. Along with a competitive base salary, matched 401(k), fully-funded pension plan (once vested), and bonus programs, Our Client also provides generous paid time off including holidays, vacation days, personal time, and sick leave. If you're looking to do rewarding work alongside great people, this is the place for you!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Brooksource is an equal opportunity employer. Our Company, & our Clients, hire, transfer, and promote on the basis of ability, without consideration of disability, age, sex, race, color, religion, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, or any factor contrary to federal, state or local law.
*Please note that the ability to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship is a requirement.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.