iOS & Android Software Engineer
Are you a talented iOS and Android Developer who wants to work in a rapidly transforming IT organization in one of the country’s largest Utilities? If so, this leading Energy Company's Digital Transformation organization is looking for creative and self-driven talent to join our agile culture. Qualified developers will have an opportunity to work on an array of challenging problems in the mobile application space having a direct impact on the day to day experiences of both our field workers and customers alike.
Workers at this level manage sprint backlog tasks in application areas of specialization, with minimal supervision. They are fully competent in mobile development concepts and best practices. They identify problems, develop solutions and take actions to resolve. Designs, develops and deploys innovative and advanced mobile applications.
- Creates, maintains and enhances customer facing iOS and Android applications as part of a durable product team.
- Researches, evaluates and implements new technology to optimize application efficiency and usability.
- Designs new functionality based on product backlog priorities and coordinates development efforts in collaboration with durable product team and cross-functional organizations
- Maintains records to document system and programming development and revisions.
- Leverages CICD automation and best practices to deliver quality solutions to our end users
- Applies iterative development to continuously deliver value through frequent deployments
- Mentor’s other application developers in Swift development.
- Ensures adherence to appropriate design, coding and cybersecurity standards.
- Leads design and code walk-thru as a presenter or reviewer.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline. In lieu of a degree, 8 years of related experience.
- Work experience in addition to degree: 5-10 years as an IT Application Developer with an emphasis on iOS Swift and Android Kotlin/Java development.
- Job-specific knowledge, skills or abilities:
- Swift, XCode, Kotlin, Android Studio, Oracle, SQL Server, Agile (Scrum and Kanban), Git, Java
- Effective communication skills.
- Full stack development experience with exposure to java cloud native APIs
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS, Azure, GCP or other cloud platforms
- Demonstrated success in complex problem solving and an understanding of quality delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others having differing priorities/views/goals than your own; to meet your goals.
- Understand and lead others in use of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Familiarity with Bitbucket and Jira
- Exposure to code scanning tools such as SonarQube and CheckMarx
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.