Financial Analyst III
Cincinnati, OH (Remote to start)
Contract to Hire
This position resides within the Enterprise IT Division of Brooksource's top banking client, headquartered in Cincinnati, OH. Focus will be primarily on supporting the IT Enterprise budget and associated financial activities. This includes acting as the team liaison between Enterprise IT management, Enterprise Workplaces Services and Finance Division.
The IT Financial and Portfolio Analyst in this role is responsible for understanding, supporting and enhancing processes, governance and tools used to plan, create, assess, and provide transparency into the financials for Enterprise Services IT. Candidates must have a solid understanding of typical IT finances including amortization, maintenance, capitalization vs. expense, project costs, etc. Candidate should be able to deliver ongoing analysis and financial support to Enterprise IT CIO and the Enterprise IT Sr. Group leaders. Preparing financial presentation materials for senior management and supporting the annual budget process are additional responsibilities of this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with Finance Division to assist in maintenance and accuracy of finances for Enterprise IT.
- Prepares team financial reporting and meets with Enterprise IT CIO and direct reports on regular basis to review Enterprise IT financials.
- Assists Enterprise IT team in various finance related activity, such as creation and maintenance of Purchase Orders, Statements of Work, Invoice matching, etc.
- Design, develop, analyze and report on critical financial metrics and scorecards.
- Evaluates financial performance by comparing and analyzing results & trends and provides relevant recommendations
- Identify and drive process improvements in financial process
- Provide financial expertise and assistance during budget planning process
- For projects, assist in the planning and management of project and portfolio financials: tracking of actuals and accruals; month end reporting and variance analysis; reconciliation with Finance during budgets and projections in conjunction with portfolio approved spend on all projects.
- Provide recommended actions based on analyzing and interpreting financial data
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITES:
- Ability to operate independently within the guidelines of overall objectives.
- Ability to think strategically, solid organizational skills, attention to detail, and eagerness to take initiative and accountability.
- Analytical skills are required performing business, data, and/or statistical analysis.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and work collaboratively across multiple organization and teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with well-developed facilitation and presentational skills.
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to independently drive resolution of issues and challenges and shape your own work.
- Highly proficient with Excel and a working knowledge of business products such as Tableau, Business Objects, Microsoft SQL Server and SharePoint.
- A minimum of a BA/BS Degree or equivalent is required.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.