IT Performance Tester
Large Insurance Client
Lansing, Grand Rapids, or Traverse City
This position requires the person to:
- Read, analyze and interpret performance testing requests.
- Work with software developers, business analysts, quality analysts, project managers, architects, and IT leadership to understand front-end and back-end system functionality.
- Work with software developers, business analysts, quality analysts, project managers, architects, and IT leadership to review performance testing requests, test plans, and test results.
- Write test plans and update existing test plans.
- Develop and maintain performance tests using tools such as JMeter, NeoLoad, etc.
- Use and interpret test results from performance testing tools.
- Use monitoring tools such as AppDynamics, SentryOne, BMC Apptune, and Splunk.
- Execution of performance tests, often outside of normal working hours.
- Document test results using Confluence.
- Work with other members of the IT Performance Testing team to organize team goals and priorities.
- Assist with other duties as requested.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Above average communication skills (written and verbal)
- Capable of producing adequate quality and quantity of work
- Ability to utilize a PC and working within a performance testing suite
- Competency to learn new software tools
- Organize and interpret data
- Ability to handle multiple assignments while meeting established schedules and deadlines in an organized manner
- Ability to manage a project from start to finish and be a self-starter on a new project
- Experience with any of the following is beneficial:
- performance testing tools
- server monitoring tools
- SQL and generating database queries
- foundational understanding of programming
Our Client offers a wide range of career opportunities, and we are seeking talent that will help continue their long tradition of success. The Company offers a friendly work environment, structured training program, employee mentoring and an excellent compensation/benefits package. Along with a competitive base salary, matched 401(k), fully-funded pension plan (once vested), and bonus programs, Our Client also provides generous paid time off including holidays, vacation days, personal time, and sick leave. If you're looking to do rewarding work alongside great people, this is the place for you!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Brooksource is an equal opportunity employer. Our Company, & our Clients, hire, transfer, and promote on the basis of ability, without consideration of disability, age, sex, race, color, religion, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, or any factor contrary to federal, state or local law.
*Please note that the ability to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship is a requirement.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.