IT Project Coordinator
Our global manufacturing client headquartered in the Tampa Bay Area is searching for an IT Project Coordinator. The Project Coordinator will manage smaller teams responsible for delivering defined project outputs on time, within budget, and with quality results. They will work closely with the project leaders and others in project management office to guide efforts toward achieving intended business results. The Project Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to define, plan, track, organize and manage projects under the guidance of Project Managers / Program Managers, to identify key resources and provide the direction they require in order to meet project objectives. The Project Coordinator will also ensure appropriate management, customer and supplier involvement throughout the life of the project.
· Work to understand project goals and priorities with management Project Manager, Program Manager and/or project sponsors, PMO Director.
· Support requirements of the Project Manager, Program manager (if supporting a program) to provide necessary information and support for successful project / program delivery.
· Responsible for one or more projects small projects and a medium complex project with supervision from a Project Manager and/or Program Manager.
· Negotiate the performance of activities with team members and their managers if operating in a matrix environment under the supervision of a Project Manager and/or Program Manager.
· Co-create a project charter with the team, including the definition of completion criteria.
· Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project’s objectives and motivate the project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by team members.
· Organize the work into manageable activity clusters (phases) and determines an effective approach to completing the work.
· With help Project Manager and/or Program Manager compile a complete and accurate estimate of a project; using reserves appropriately.
· With help Project Manager and/or Program Manager, prepare project plan and obtain management approval.
· Analyze risks, establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibility for initiating mitigating action. Gather stakeholder input, rank the top project risks in terms of total impact.
· Work with Project Manager and/or Program Manager in tracking and reporting on progress to plan, cost and schedule reporting, and change control.
· Analyze the actual performance against the plan and make adjustments consistent with plan objectives.
· Manage relationships with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients and vendors, keeping the stakeholders informed of progress and issues in order to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables with the guidance of a Project Manager and/or Program Manager.
· Manage change to preserve business plan commitments; initiate review if objectives must change based on guidance from Project Manager and/or Program Manager.
· Establish and publish clear priorities among project activities.
· Arbitrate and resolve conflict and interface problems within the project based on guidance from a Project Manager and/or Program Manager.
· Manage the financial aspects of the project: budgeting, estimate to actual variance, capital project management, etc., based on guidance from a Project Manager and/or Program Manager.
· Oversee project documentation and updates to relevant knowledge bases; analyze lessons learned and shares with other Project Managers, Program Managers, Project Teams.
· Work with Project Manager and/or Program Manager to analyze original estimates against actual hours and duration and understand the factors that contributed to any variance.
· Effectively coordinates the activities of the team to meet project milestones.
· Provides input/justification for project costs and budget impact with guidance of Project Manager and/or Program Manager.
· Works with PMO Support Team to ensure implementation of PMO standards, processes, and support services.
· Proactively identify changes in work scope and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external clients to reassess and amend the scope of work requirement, budget, and timeline under guidance of Project Manager and/or Program Manager.
· Represent project at meetings based on guidance from Project Manager and/or Program Manger to assure that priorities are communicated and understood, and that progress/delays/issues are reported.
· Determine what constitutes successful closure for all parties. Gain acceptance and sign-off by all parties when closure is attained with guidance from Project Manager and/or Program Manager.
· Resolve issues related to client relations, governmental relations, project quality, project risk and project safety, with guidance from Project Manager and/or Program Manager.
· Manage vendor relations and procurement related to the project(s) under the guidance of a Project Manager and/or Program Manager.
· Basic knowledge of and competency in project management processes, including planning tasks and allocating resources, risk management, issues management, time management, financial management, Resource management, working in teams, quality management, monitoring and reporting, documentation and record keeping.
· Ability to plan and facilitate meetings.
· Basic knowledge of the strategic and operational issues of the project or business unit.
· Adaptability and flexibility including ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change.
· Basic negotiating skills within a context of political sensitivity and conflicting interests with guidance from a Senior Project Manager and/or Program Manager.
· Basic presentation and written communication skills.
· A technical background sufficient to understand the technologies and technical issues involved with the project and industry, to be able to anticipate and identify technical obstacles, and to make accurate technology decisions with guidance from a Project Manager and/or Program Manager.
· Basic knowledge of project management methodology.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills: the ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience; competence in clear, concise and tactful communication with Project Manager and/or Program Managers, clients, peers and staff.
· Limited Budget management skills: Limited ability to analyze and review financing plans and related budgetary information to determine the impact on a project is required with guidance provided by Project Manager and/or Program Manager.
· College degree, preferably in a technical subject; minor or advanced degree in business or industry-related subject is a plus. Work experience may be substituted for educational credentials.
· Working towards PMP® certification and/or other industry and project management certifications.
· 1-3 years’ experience in using formal project management methodology, techniques, and tools.
· Basic knowledge in creating and maintaining project deliverables such as project charter, project plan, status reports, project timesheets, estimates, communication plan, reports, risk management plan, budget (work hours and cost), milestone/deliverable charts.
· Limited and/or basic experience in managing issues, scope, and quality while bring projects to successful completion within the cost and time requirements.
· Limited and/or basic experience with project management software tools used by the PMO.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.