IT Project Manager (Mid-level)
Brooksource is hiring a Project Manager who will work on a variety of highly visible projects at one of the industry leading learning science companies and one of the “big three” educational publishers. As the Project Manager you will be working on a variety of projects; from application upgrades, to oracle customizations as well as infrastructure components. As the Project Manager you will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of all phases of the project. If you feel that this describes you, keep reading and apply!
- 4-5 years of project management experience in complex organizations
- Strong analytical, problem solving communication (verbal and written), and facilitation / organizational skills
- Experience with waterfall and agile methodologies
- Experience in effectively managing an onshore/offshore implementation model
- Successful track record of managing multiple small to medium sized projects
- Strong client facing skills
- Thorough understanding of project management and application development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to develop reliable project timelines and deliver against established timelines
- Utilize and implement project management processes and methodologies for IT that ensure projects are delivered on-time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards, and meet the customer's expectations
- Possess strong knowledge and proficiency in project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices, and change management techniques.
- Solid project management skills related to project planning and control, scope management, issue and risk management, and quality management
- Proven ability to build, develop, motivate and lead a small to medium sized team
- Experience in creating high quality project plans using Microsoft Project
- Strong Excel, Power Point and Microsoft Project skills
- Defines and manages the project: scope, budget, timelines/project plan, resources, deliverables, issues, risks/risk mitigation plans, quality, change control, communication plan, etc.
- Responsible for managing the day to day operations of all phases of the project including: hosting, architecture, requirements gathering, design, development/configuration, conversion, integration, testing, organizational change management & go live.
- Develops and manages milestone based Statements of Work (SOW)
- Anticipates and manages project risk
- Recommends mitigation and corrective actions
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Proactively manage changes in project scope
- Lead a diverse team of internal resources and consultants
- Oversee MHE Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology to ensure the project business needs and benefits are met and that the overall technology solution aligns to functional and technical requirements.
- Manages the onshore/offshore implementation partner relationship and SLA oversight including reviewing vendor deliverables, holding vendors accountable for meeting timelines and milestones, etc
ABOUT EIGHT ELEVEN:
At Eight Eleven, our business is people. Relationships are at the center of what we do. A successful partnership is only as strong as the relationship built. We’re your trusted partner for IT hiring, recruiting and staffing needs.
For over 16 years, Eight Eleven has established and maintained relationships that are designed to meet your IT staffing needs. Whether it’s contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement work, we customize our search based upon your company's unique initiatives, culture and technologies. With our national team of recruiters placed at 25 major hubs around the nation, Eight Eleven finds the people best-suited for your business. When you work with us, we work with you. That’s the Eight Eleven promise.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.