IT SCADA Analyst
Baltimore, MD (Remote for Now)
We are looking for an IT SCADA Distribution Analyst to join our Elevate program for the Utility Distribution SCADA team at one of our largest Fortune 100 energy clients in the Baltimore, MD area. Elevate is our associate-level consulting program that focuses on technical and professional development. This opportunity is to support our energy client as they are supporting a new real-time SCADA distribution system upgrade from Siemens, Spectrum 3.8 to OSI Monarch platform. While this migration began in August 2020, this project is calling for additional technical support and maintenance to ensure the generation, transmission and distribution systems are upgraded efficiently and effectively. The ideal candidate will also serve as an advocate for driving business value and team collaboration. If you think the description below fits your skillset, we encourage you to apply!
· Recent college graduate (0-2 yrs. of professional experience) with a background in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or equivalent.
· Relevant internship or university/classroom experience with scripting/programming.
o Relevant experience demonstrating programming and or scripting languages such as Python, Bash Scropt, PERL, PowerShell scripting.
· In-depth understanding of Linux and Windows operating systems.
· Knowledge and or experience with the SDLC (planning, analysis, design, implementation, testing/integration, and maintenance).
· Excelled written and oral communication and ability to work with multiple different business groups with different key stakeholders.
· Monitor system performance to support capacity planning, back-up and disaster recovery planning.
· Deploy software patches, de-bug and troubleshoot current applications.
· Observes and assists in testing, installation, maintenance and repair of equipment used to protect, operate and control our client’s distribution systems.
· Provides problem resolution and technical support for utility distribution systems.
· Applies programming/scripting knowledge to support automation efforts within the SCADA distribution systems.
· Provides support for the design, validation and configuration management of computing distribution systems.
· Collaborate and communicate with various technical groups (Test Managers, System Administrators, IT Operations) on daily basis.
What’s in it for you?
A welcoming, team environment where you will be provided an opportunity to work with a Fortune 500 company in Baltimore, MD.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.