Brooksource is searching for a Java Developer for our Fortune 500 Energy partner located in Charlotte, NC for an 18-month contract with potential for extension or hire. This is the ideal opportunity for a professional with 4+ years of strong Java, Spring/Springboot, API, and, ideally, Apigee experience with a degree in Computer Science to excel and grow within a small team.
This developer will be working within our client’s Natural Gas IT department and develop code for a long-term traceability project. This developer will build features and perform enhancements of the new traceability platform. This experienced SDLC developer will participate in all phases of the development and maintenance life cycle.
Daily You Will:
· Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
· Write technical documentation
· Mentor others approximately 5% for support turnover and provide troubleshooting support
· Analyze and classifies complex change request and identifies and documents possible enhancements
· Participate in developing application scope and objectives and preparing functional and/or technical specifications
· Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
· Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
· Create security and data protection settings
· Work with the project lead and project team to plan, estimate, schedule and implement development project tasks and then would need to be able work independently on task with minimal amount of supervision
· Develop relationships with the business to better understand business requirements
· Demonstrate knowledge of both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
· Can write effective APIs
· Strong technical and functional knowledge of ESRI and GE Smallworld software would be a plus
· Familiarity Work Management Software integration with GIS is a plus
· Apigee API Management is a plus
· Building Rest API’s experience is a plus
· GitHub, Bitbucket version control is plus.
Qualities of a Top Candidate:
- Strong interpersonal skills and written/oral communication skills to work effectively with business partners, peer IT resources, and all levels of management
- Ability to reason logically analyze and evaluate performance data and information, and draw appropriate conclusions
- Eager and excited learned looking to grow current development and application support skills
- Report: Reporting Directly to the Sr. IT Manager
- Company Size: Fortune 500 Energy Company
- Location: Charlotte, NC (fully remote available)
- Hours: M-F 8:00AM-5:00PM
- Team Size: 7 people
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.