Sr. Full Stack Developer
· The Senior Application Developer responsibilities include understanding and supporting the business of a leading mortgage lender through the design, development and implementation of applications, application enhancements and new capabilities.
· They are expected to provide technical leadership in every stage of the development lifecycle, from analysis and design to program coding, testing, release and maintenance while adhering to current System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes.
· The senior application developer may act as a project manager on small to medium rigor projects.
· They will work closely with various customers including their immediate project teams, business domain experts and other technical staff members.
· This position will act as a technical resource to less experienced developers.
· Technical Leadership – May lead a technical team and assist less experienced developers with technical deliverables.
· Solution Design –Translates business and technical requirements into solution designs that satisfy the business needs and comply with approved standards. Reviews functional specifications, creates detailed technical design and technical specifications.
· Code Development – Ensures development activities are aligned with scope, schedule, priority and business objectives. Develops and enhances application code. This includes unit testing to ensure all the functions are performing to specification.
· Testing – Leads validation efforts by performing and/or assisting others in validating the solution performs as expected. This includes and is not limited to system integration testing, performance testing, regression testing, and user acceptance testing and defect remediation. Meets or exceeds all operational readiness requirements (e.g., operations engineering, performance, and risk management).
· Deployment and Transition Support – Successfully deploys the new or enhanced software. Ensures user acceptance is strong and functionality is suitable. Also responsible for a smooth transition of the product to the maintenance and enhancement team ensuring complete documentation and communication occurs at transition.
· Mentoring, coaching, and developing staff and reviews work products from team and vendor consultants.
· Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering, Math or other related field plus 7 years of Test Driven Development experience preferred – OR – 10 years of comparable work experience
· 7 years of development experience (Finance/Lending industry experience a plus) preferably utilizing Java, Spring, Angular, Web Services, etc.
· 3 years of experience with various Software Development Life Cycle methods such as Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, etc.
· 3 years of experience designing and building technical solutions using Java technologies such as Spring, Spring Boot, Web Services, etc.
· 2 plus years of using AngularJS, Node.js, node modules and npm
· 2 years of using relational databases and writing basic queries (SQL and PL/SQL)
· Experience building large-scale web apps with a reusable component architecture
· Proven ability to design and build technical solutions using applicable technologies; ability to demonstrate exceptional coding skills
· Deep knowledge of AngularJS practices and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience
· Creating e2e test suites for all components, and running them with Protractor (or a well-reasoned alternative)
· Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
· Strong experience with web services, executing calls and interpreting responses (SOAP or REST)
· Experience using version control systems – Git, Bitbucket
· Knowledge of containers, AWS, Active MQ preferred
· Experience with Mule Anypoint platform preferred
· Experience with API definitions using RAML or Swagger preferred
· Strong experience in interpreting customer business needs and translating them into application and operational requirements
· Ability to prioritize work by dividing time, attention and effort between current project workload and on-going support tasks
· Proven ability to adapt to change in process, procedure and priorities
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong experience with incident management, leading both on and off-hours ad hoc support teams
· Scrum Developer training is also preferred
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.