Brooksource Software Development Team – Beacon Project
Role: Senior Java Engineer
Brooksource has been providing consultative services for one of our biggest Denver based clients this past year. The team will be growing its scope and presence within the organization, and as a result, we’re hiring additional team members to own feature development for one of their most critical internal applications, Beacon.
This group will have space and equipment allocated from our client but will function autonomously as a part of Brooksource’ s consulting team.
The Beacon project was an initiative launched to replace several different legacy applications currently being utilized by our client’s field technicians and call center agents in effort to streamline agent efficiency and increase technician customer experience levels. As our client works to build the Nation’s first Cloud-Native, Standalone 5G Network, the application needs to be expanded to support Wireless specific call center agents. Our team will be primarily focused on User Interface features and
functionality, with a small component of our operations touching a Spring-based RESTful services layer.
Location: Downtown Denver (Union Station)
Contract Details: W-2 project employment with Brooksource. Our initial scope is set for 1 year. We will be reviewing progress with our Client quarterly, and fully expect that the engagement will be grown, and timeline extended.
Pay Rates: Negotiable depending on experience
Start Date: January (2020)
Day 2 Day Responsibilities:
The Senior Java Engineer will have varied responsibilities in designing and developing enterprise application software. They will not only contribute to this Brooksource team’s dev efforts but will have varied responsibilities with our client’s management team (i.e. status meetings and demos) and will have a chance to aide in selection of team members for the group.
Must have the ability to prioritize well and communicate effectively, with a consistent track record of delivery and excellent software engineering skills. Must have a strong understanding of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) practices to be applied in building reliable and scalable products.
This individual will be working on designing/developing new business features and functionality within Beacon’s back end services layer. This team will play an integral part in shaping this web-based product’s services layer and will tackle Spring/REST related tasks on a daily basis.
Technical responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Develop all day, every day with a focus in Java and all things Spring
- Participate in story mapping sessions with business stakeholders when necessary
- Work in fast paced, agile methodology
- Gain additional knowledge of User Interface components, React/Redux, and Typescript through interaction and mentorship from fellow team members
- Work to lead full-stack agile development efforts, and help define architecture for complex enterprise systems
- Hands-on experience with full-stack application development
- work cross-functionally with product and other teams on requirements and possible solutions
- Strong communication skills with ability to provide explanation to others on complex issues
A successful Senior Java Engineer will have all of the following:
- Advanced experience in core Java 1.7 & 1.8
- All things Spring: Spring Boot – Spring Integration – Spring Cloud – Spring Security – Spring MVC
- UI development experience or general knowledge is required
- React/Redux, Angular, JS, etc.
- Deep understanding of RESTful APIs, database, and caching techniques
- Working knowledge of testing frameworks like Jasmine, Karma, rspec
- Working knowledge of TDD, BDD methodologies
- Microservices experience preferred
- Experience with DevOps, Cloud and CI tools/best practices would be nice to have
- Agile development experience
Shift: Normal. Options for flexible working hours and location available.
Reporting to: Ian Robinson (Manager – Brooksource)
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.