Java Software Engineer
Remote (Washington, DC)
One of our Fortune 500 clients is looking to add a skilled Java Software Engineer to one of their innovative lab groups! As the Java Software Engineer, you will be working on two different projects: one project involves an ETL system that ingests files from upstream sources, processes the files, stores data in a NoSQL DB and finally builds SOLR indexes that will eventually be consumed by content discovery runtime applications. The second project is around a more complex system which is built on microservices architecture that processes about 1.5 billion requests with an expected SLA of 500ms / query. If these projects sound interesting, please consider applying!
· Design and build features
· Bug fixes including coding, unit testing and also contributing to automation tests
· Build and maintain scripts to deploy and maintain components in development and production environments
· Attend scrum and sprint planning
· Periodic on-call rotations
· Strong in Java programming language/Java development, and Scala programming language
· Experience with Apache Solr/Lucene/Elasticsearch
· Knowledge and professional experience working with data structures
· Strong problem-solving skills, communication skills, and punctuality in meeting deadlines
· Ability to learn technology and domains quickly
· Experience in NoSQL DBs is preferred
· Experience in AWS is preferred
· Experience in automation/tooling around application deployment/maintenance is preferred
What's in it for you?
A welcoming, team environment where you will be provided an opportunity to work with a Fortune 500 telecommunications company. Eight Eleven group offers Health, Dental and Vision benefits, weekly pay, holiday paid time off and sick-leave.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.