Sr. Software Engineer (Java)
Full Time Contract
As the Senior Java Software Engineer for Brooksource’s private aviation client here in Columbus, you will be working on an Agile Scrum team designing, developing, testing, debugging, and supporting new Web based application development. As the Sr. Software Developer, you will also be enhancing existing Applications in support of a complex business model, and meeting with customers to understand their business processes. As the Sr. Java Engineer you will often fill multiple roles to turn the customer's needs into actual solutions. Daily activities include typical front-end web development task (designing, developing, testing, debugging, supporting), but also strategic solutioning and architecture activities as needed. If you have 3-5+ years of Java Software Engineer experience and can take initiative, own issues from start to finish, and proactively communicate, please keep reading and apply!
· 60%: Design, develop, test, document, deploy, support Java/J2EE and Grails
o Software analysis and design activities for new Applications or enhancements to include providing high level estimates based on limited information in support of the project governance process.
· 30%: Develop new software solutions at the direction of Scrum Team Leadership.
· 10%: Interaction/communication with business users regarding requirements, design
reviews, prototype presentations, etc. This position may or may not manage employees
based on location of incumbent.
· 3-5+ years of hands-on experience in Development frameworks such as Java
J2EE (EJB, Hibernate), Grails and Node.js developing mission-critical software
· Understanding of and experience with Agile practices and multiple phases of software
· Education Level: Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science (CS, CE, CIS, IS, MIS, or equivalent experience)
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Exhibit high degree of self-management.
· Availability to participate in an on-call support rotation of a 7x24x365 environment.
· Experience with AWS, RESTful APIs, SQL query language preferred.
· Familiarity of tools such as Jenkins/Gradle/Maven and Stash.
· Knowledge or ability to easily pick up productivity and support tools like Jira, Ops
Genie and Datadog
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.