Java Spring Application Developer
Brooksource is searching for a Java Spring Application Developer for our Fortune 150 Energy partner located in Uptown Charlotte, NC for a 6-month contract with potential for extension or hire. This is the ideal opportunity for a Computer Science graduate or veteran with 3+ years' strong Java and Spring development experience to join and excel within an innovative and highly visible team.
This team provides application services used within our client’s Transmission and Distribution initiatives. This developer will perform back-end development on both internal and external Cloud platforms utilizing Java Spring and Kafka data streaming technologies.
Daily You Will:
· Maintain and enhance existing applications
· Troubleshoot and debug integration applications
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams and clients to define, design and deliver enhancements, new applications, and technical solutions that meet the needs of the company, its clients, and the end users
· Configure a design that satisfies business requirements and desired specifications. Research, evaluate and implements new technology to optimize application efficiency and usability.
· Assist with testing and migrating code through test regions.
· Ensure adherence to appropriate design, coding and source control standards
· Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in CS, MIS, or any related field)
· Backend development experience using JAVA Spring and/or AWS Serverless Lambda Functions
· Strong development experience in APIs
· Knowledgeable in data structures and SQL and no-SQL databases such as Dynamo DB or Mongo DB
· Experience with Kafka or RabbitMQ Data Streaming
· Understanding of Cloud Native and object-oriented Programming
· CI/CD Pipeline Deployment
· Passionate about learning new programing languages
· Experience with troubleshooting, problem-solving, and root cause analysis
· Expert coding skills in 1 or more standard languages
· Demonstrated success in problem solving and an understanding of quality delivery
· Demonstrated ability to work with others having differing priorities/views/goals than your own; to meet your goals
· Effective communication skills
· Experience with schema/database design, Enterprise Standards and Process Adherence
Qualities of a Top Candidate:
· Strong interpersonal skills and written/oral communication skills to work effectively with business partners, peer IT resources, and all levels of management
· Ability to multitask effectively
· Self-starter, and capable of working effectively with minimal supervision
· Ability to reason logically analyze and evaluate performance data and information, and draw appropriate conclusions
· Ability to learn and adapt quickly to a rapidly changing environment
· Report: Reporting Directly to the Senior IT Manager
· Company Size: Fortune 150 Energy Company
· Hours: Monday- Friday, 8:00AM- 5:00 PM (2-3 days in office, 2-3 days remote)
· On Call: on-call rotation between team of 13
· Location: Uptown Charlotte, NC
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.