Brooksource API Layer Team – Retail Wireless
Role: Principal Java Engineer– Tech Lead
Brooksource was recently awarded a new consulting engagement with one of our biggest Denver based clients. We will be growing our scope and presence within this organization, and as a result, we’re assembling 3 teams to own development of greenfield API platforms. Successful delivery of these applications, platforms, and systems will ultimately determine the success of our client’s emergence into the Wireless industry.
These teams will ultimately be comprised of API focused Java Engineers, Business Analysts, Product Owners and Software Testers. You will interface with many different groups across the organization, with the end goal of allowing Data and APIs to be more efficiently exposed to the whole enterprise. This will enable our Client and its partners to build and scale at pace, while also meeting key deadlines.
This group will have space and equipment allocated from our client but will function autonomously as a part of Brooksource’s consulting team.
Location: Downtown Denver (Union Station) / *Remote options available*
Contract Details: W-2 project employment with Brooksource. Ongoing project that will be reviewed with our Client quarterly. We fully expect that the engagement will be grown, and timeline extended.
Pay Rates: Negotiable depending on experience
Start Date: February (2021)
Day 2 Day Responsibilities:
As Java Tech Lead, you will have varied responsibilities in designing, and developing enterprise application software. You will not only lead this Brooksource team from a technical perspective but will also have varied strategic advising responsibilities with our client’s technology executives. You will also play a significant role in both the selection, and mentoring, of less tenured engineers on the team.
Must have the ability to prioritize well and communicate effectively, with a consistent track record of delivery and excellent software engineering skills. Must have a strong understanding of SDLC practices to be applied in building reliable and scalable products.
Technical responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Design and develop API specifications using OpenAPI Specifications/YAML that is scalable and will provide greater security on data
- Create, build, and deploy pipelines for APIs using appropriate tools to implement
- Continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Support end-end management of the APIs over its entire lifecycle
· Perform root cause analysis for Production issues and come up with solutions that will prevent them from happening in the future
· Become SME in application architecture, and identify potential areas for additional consulting services
Lead responsibilities fall into the following categories:
· Work with various application teams to understand their business needs and requirements for the API implementation
· Lead the development review, and ensure code and design quality with appropriate logging, monitoring, tracing, and security standards in place
- In conjunction with Brooksource PO/BA, partake in meetings with our Client’s technology leadership
- This could include code reviews, demos, presentations, etc.
· Participate in the technical screening and selection of future Brooksource team members
A successful Java Tech Lead will have all the following:
- 8+ years of experience in development, and implementation of enterprise-wide solutions based on Java Technologies (Java, J2EE, Webservices, Spring, Spring Boot)
- 5+ years of hands on experience with design, development and implementation of Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Integration or Node.JS based Microservices
- Experience with version control tools such as GitLab, and Continuous Integrations with various CI/CD tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of test-driven development practices
- Experience with Swagger/Swagger Hub
- Experience with API Gateway & Management, e.g. Apigee
- Experience with Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS cloud products
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.