Jr. Data Analyst
Des Peres, MO
3 month CTH
Our fortune 500 client is looking for a Jr. Data Analyst to join their Media/Marketing and Advertising organization. As the Jr. Data Analyst, you will work alongside ETL Developers, Products Owners, and QA teams to contribute to the clients success by ensuring Sales/Marketing/Advertising needs and goals are realized through analysis and reporting activities. As the Jr. Data Analyst, you will be responsible for gathering, analyzing, and transforming of data. This Jr. Data Analyst will also extract the data from 30-40 different sources for analysis. The Jr. Data Analyst will be apart of the whole life cycle of their projects from requirement gathering stage to the final reporting stage. You will assist the Technical Team Lead on day to day operations and assist in creating ETL applications. Strong written and verbal communication is critical for this role.
- 0-3 years experience working in an enterprise data warehouse environment
- Exceptionally strong communications skills both written and verbal
- Experience working with ETL (Extract Transform Load)
- Experience with reporting tools such as (MicroStrategy, Business Object, Tableau)
- Strong SQL skills (analysis, designing tables/views, writing SQL queries)
- Exposure to or knowledge of data validation/data cleansing and data integration
- Eager to learn knew skills and technologies
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle and software methodologies
- Preferred exposure to the following technologies: Teradata, AWS, Snowflake, Oracle, Python
- Gathering requirements from internal stakeholders and external stakeholders
- Extracting data from various data sources
- Transforming gathered data into meaningful insight for internal or external stakeholders
- Creating data visualization reports to easily read data
- Analyze data sets
- Assist Technical Team Lead on day to day operations
- Attend daily scrum meetings with team and present findings/insight from projects
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU …?
- Ability to grow within an industry leading Telecom Company
- Exposure to cutting edge technologies and methodologies ie. AWS Snowflake
- Opportunity to directly impact customers
- Ongoing professional and technical training
- Collaborative team environment
- Take part in a professional development program designed to help achieve professional goals and be rewarded for doing so
- Exposure to cross-functional teams and leadership.
- Exposure to technology: Teradata, SSIS, Oracle, Python
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH BROOKSOURCE:
- Previous experience working with this client and placing both permanent employees and contractors.
- Direct communication with the hiring manager, which allows us to have a clear understanding of the timeline and move candidates through the interview process faster.
- Dedication to keep an open line of communication and provide full transparency.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.