Jr. DevOps Engineer (1-3 years)
Contract to Hire
$25+hr Depending on Experience
We are looking for a Jr. DevOps Engineer to be responsible for the architecture and implementation of new software and Big Data applications utilizing both AWS and local data centers. You will analyze, test, and assist with the integration of new applications. The ideal candidate will have strong Python and/or Bash, Linux, and SQL skills.
If you feel that describes you, keep reading and apply!
- Architect, develop, and maintain applications and Web Services using Enterprise Java.
- Write application code, develop user interfaces, create systems and user documentation, test software, and perform other tasks needed to complete projects.
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure applications adhere to the standards and structures developed for the organization.
- Responsible for architecting and developing the next phase of Big Data applications with complex event processing.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements.
- Conduct analysis to determine integration needs.
- Design new software and web applications, support applications under development, and customize current applications. Assists with the software update process for existing applications, and roll-outs of software releases.
- Participates in training representatives and operations staff on internally developed software applications.
- Research, write, and edit documentation and technical requirements, including software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals, and formal recommendations and reports.
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Typically requires 1-3 years of professional work experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Python, Pearl, or Bash scripting experience
- Linux experience
- SQL experience
- Automation experience is a plus
- AWS Services (EC2, EMR, Spark, Dynamo DB, Kinesis, Athena, Lambda, API Gateway, ECS, etc.) experience is a plus
- Experience developing within an Agile environment
- This software engineer must possess or be able to attain the skillsets needed to work with these technologies. Also, must be able to learn about the advertising sales business while solving problems quickly.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.