Junior Mainframe Developer
As the Junior Mainframe Developer, you will utilize an understanding of mainframe hardware and software to support the design and development of technical solutions to meet varying client business requirements. This is an entry level role that is designed to learn, grow in competence, and develop a basic capability needed to operate effectively. You will have exposure to clients as you and your team will work directly with customers to review and modify solutions, applying user experience knowledge to tailor to customer’s needs. Your role will support Technical requirements for client business needs in order to bring your company to Point of Sale with a customer.
· 6+ months’ experience in consulting and/or a customer-facing technical role, including a proven ability to understand client needs and translate them into technical requirements
· Previous experience with one or more of the following languages and utilities; COBOL/PLI, SMF/RMF, Specialty Engines, Omegamon (or equivalent monitoring tools), RACF (or equivalent security technologies), demonstrated skills with major runtime/development tools from CA, BMC, IBM, Compuware or equivalent
· IBM Mainframe Hardware and z/OS exposure with good understanding in core mainframe when transforming, designing, developing & deploying
· Knowledge of new technologies on Mainframe such as ZOWE, Operations Analytics, z/OS Container extensions, etc.
· Understanding of the major Mainframe Subsystems and how they interact with one another (zOS, DB2, CICS, IMS, MQ, RACF, Automation, Scheduling, Storage, etc.)
· First-class communication skills; ability to engage persuasively with senior stakeholders and clients
· Deploy and administer zOS systems with multiple ESMs
· Work with clients and stakeholders to identify and understand business requirements in order to deliver a technical solution based on specific client needs.
· Ensure integrity, availability and performance of DB2 zOS systems by providing technical support and maintenance
· Document requirements and obtain necessary approvals
· Design and develop technical solutions to meet business needs
· Participate in client and internal reviews to adjust solutions based on feedback
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.