Jr. Network Engineer
Mount Laurel, NJ
Contract to Hire
As a Junior Network Engineer, you will be troubleshooting and triaging networking related issues. As the Junior Network Engineer, you will be assisting them push towards automating and virtualizing their networks. The Junior Network Administrator will have a strong passion for networking as well as a deep understanding of networking competencies is important. If you are interested and feel this fits you, please keep reading and apply!
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex network issues.
- Determines and documents internal telecommunications systems.
- Designs and configures telecommunications systems.
- Establishes and maintains network performance objectives.
- Must have some type of scripting knowledge (Java Python preferred)
- Should understand automation efforts and technologies that support this (cloud, containerization, ci/cd pipelines).
- 0-2 years of experience
- IT or Comp. Sci degree or related field
- Contribute to the development of internal tools which lead to the smarter network: Help orchestrate network device launch, edge service provisioning, and daily operational tasks.
- Aggregate data from numerous service monitoring tools to help assess the adverse impact of manually or automated network changes and reduce customer outages.
- Assist in auditing network health audit and measure network performance.
- Assess and react to network events or outages to provide self-healing capabilities.
- Maintain best software practices and serve as a mentor to traditional network engineers.
- Help conduct and participate in peer design/code reviews.
- Define functional/design requirements, acceptance criteria, test plans for development.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.