Jr. Site Reliability Engineer
Charlotte, NC (remote to begin)
**We are unable to offer sponsorship at this time.
A leading digital bank and Fortune 500 Financial Institution is seeking Site Reliability Engineers to join the operations team responsible for driving operational standards and features on business-critical applications across the enterprise. You will get the opportunity to collaborate with technical and business leaders across the organization while making a lasting impact on their cloud adoption journey. If you are looking to join an energetic and diverse team, while growing your skillset in cloud technology, keep reading and apply!
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
· Research, analyze, and modify programming systems including coding, testing, debugging, upgrading, and installing application to support the organization’s application systems.
· Participate in code reviews, ensuring that application teams have built in proper functions for necessary logging, dashboard, & monitoring functions
· Consult with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives
What’s In It For You…?
· Join the team responsible for creating operational standards and features for the development of business-critical applications across the enterprise and collaborate with engineers of multiple disciplines to enhance your technical knowledge.
· Join an exclusive upskilling program that includes mentorship and online technical training while working full time.
· Enroll in weekly paychecks and comprehensive health benefits.
· Regular touchpoints with your Brooksource liaison to receive regular performance feedback.
· B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Data Science, Management Information Systems (MIS) or similar field or equivalent experience and work record
· Strong background and core coursework in Java
· Strong background and core coursework in Automation (Ansible preferred but not necessary)
· Strong background and core coursework in AWS
· Experience working with queries, views, stored procedures, triggers, etc
· Knowledge of Agile methodologies and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
· Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
· Ability to function effectively and proficiently in an environment of ongoing change
· Proactive self-starter with the ability to work well under pressure, prioritize and multitask.
· Bonus Skills: Oracle, AWS, DevOps, Automation
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.