Associate Software Developer
6 month contract to hire
Brooksource is looking for an Associate level Software Developer for our Fortune 100 Telecommunications client in the Charlotte, NC area. The Developer will be an integral member of the Data Operations Architecture team. You will join the advertising/media organization and contribute to data solutions that power some of the largest and most successful marketing/advertising campaigns.
The primary responsibility of this role is to work closely with the Production Support team to triage incoming tickets relating to support or code development issues, be able to understand the issue, fix it yourself or escalate to the appropriate team.
This position requires strong collaboration with you Scrum Team (composed of Scrum Master, Product Owner, Lead Architect, Developers and QA) to understand business requirements and provide appropriate data integration solutions in alignment with solution implementation architecture. Long term, this team is looking to bring on a leader who will make the most out of the opportunity and continue to grow and develop where they see success.
REQUIREMENTS/NICE TO HAVES:
1+ years’ experience with the following:
- Experienced in building Data Integration and Workflow Solutions and Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) solutions for data warehousing
- Strong data architecture knowledge around enterprise data warehousing concepts, SQL development and optimization, and data integration
- SQL scripting and querying experience – Expert in creating SQL objects like Tables, Complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Indexes, and User Defined Functions to facilitate efficient data manipulation and consistent data storage.
- Strong understanding of relation database management systems with experience in SQL Server, Oracle, or similar systems.
- Writing Python scripts with knowledge of relevant frameworks and libraries, such as workflow management utilities and libraries for accessing and extracting data.
- Creating, scheduling and monitoring workflows using Airflow
- Hands-on experience with GitHub for version control
- Experience in ETL performance testing, including data validation
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum and SAFe
- Good team player, extremely adaptable and fast learner.
- Work closely with Operations Product Support team to triage incoming tickets, either resolve them yourself or escalate to the appropriate party
- Design and develop reusable components, code, and document custom automation frameworks, maintain scripts, and update these items as needed to build continuous delivery pipelines, ensuring rapid availability of the product
- Assist in requirements gathering and documents processes with internal stakeholders and collaborate with Product Owners, Scrum Master and other team members to determine data extraction and transformation requirements
- Develop data mapping documentation to establish relationships between source and target tables including transformation processes.
- Write and analyze complex SQL for the purpose of data extraction and processing – Design, develop, and deploy data movement using SQL server Integrations Services (SSIS), TSQL and stored procedures
- Extract and transform data from multiple sources and load data into one or more destinations, and monitor integration and replication performance to ensure quality and stability.
- Create, schedule and maintain data pipelines/workflows using Apache Airflow and Python
- Design and develop ETL to load the data warehouse and data marts and test ETL data pipelines to maintain data infrastructures
- Support testing efforts as a part of Agile/Scrum teams
- Validate data quality and perform all aspects of verification, including functional, structural, regression and system testing
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.