Jr. Software Test Engineer
Long Term Contract (1+ Year)
New York, New York
$22/hr negotiable depending on experience
Our Fortune 100 Media and Entertainment client is looking for a Jr. QA Analyst. As a Software Tester, you will be partnering with various teams (product, engineering, and quality) by assisting with the development of processes and tools that allow the organization to excel in its continuous software development initiatives. As code is being delivered multiple times per day, test coverage is crucial in allowing product to deliver quickly to market while maintaining the high level of quality our consumers deserve.
- Experience with Proxying, Device Configuration, and Application Installation
- Experience testing web, mobile or emerging technologies
- Experience working with online streaming video experiences (web, mobile & emerging technologies)
*If lack of experience, training is available
- Effectively communicate complex and/or difficult information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Partner with software engineering to design and develop tools and to assist in continuous development initiatives
- Perform load / performance testing where applicable
- Help maintain the testing framework for various types of testing (functional, load/performance, security) on multiple platforms (web, iOS/Android, emerging platforms)
- Operate in an agile software delivery methodology
- Perform exploratory testing where necessary in addition to regression testing
What's In It For You?
· On this team, you will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with product teams, development teams and UX teams to understand and define user stories
· You will be provided training on how to expand stories into test cases that you will eventually
· You will be testing the interactive videos of these groups
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.