Jr. Wireless Engineer
Windsor Mill, MD (Baltimore)
Long Term Contract
$30-32/hr. Depending on Experience
Brooksource is seeking an entry-level Wireless Engineer to join the Utility Communications (UComm) Operations team at one of our largest Fortune 100 Energy Clients. The UComm Operations Team assists in all aspects of utility communication systems engineering, operations, sustainment, testing, and decommissioning. At our Client’s Baltimore utility, the Operations team is supporting/maintaining all radio communication systems including microwave, WiMAX, LTE (cellular) and licensed radios (ranging between 200MHz – 900MHz). As the Jr. Wireless Engineer, you will be an asset to the team by helping increase frequency, modernize the current legacy systems, and expand the Baltimore utilities’ wireless capabilities, so utilities in surrounding areas can communicate faster and more efficiently.
This opportunity calls for fieldwork to validate system and radio performance. Fieldwork is expected to take up about 50% of the role. Additionally, this opportunity allows for significant technical growth and exposure to wireless engineering, network engineering and electrical engineering. If you are a highly motivated engineer looking to jumpstart your career in Energy/Utilities, please consider applying!
- 1-3 years of experience supporting, operating, troubleshooting, networking, and or configuring wireless devices/wireless networks.
- Knowledge or strong ability to learn about microwaves, WiMAX and LTE systems to analyze radio performance.
- Knowledge of security methodologies, policies, standards, and best practices of wireless devices.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering, or related field.
- Knowledge or experience in modeling and simulating 4G and/or 5G physical layer is a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge or experience with ITRON/AMI/LMR is a plus, but not required.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Act as the primary technical interface with the business and engineering vendors to ensure solution complies with technical standards and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure maintenance of wireless connectivity and communication systems (such as: WiMAX, LTE, microwave, etc.).
- Contribute to project technical architecture design and development and maintaining on-going configuration of installed solution.
- Perform integration/testing with base-stations and remote CPE’s stations for RF design, analysis, and IP networking over a RF environment.
- Document discrepancies, troubleshoot and analyze performance of wireless network systems and how they compare to other utility systems owned by our Client.
- Support the programming of various types of radios (i.e., Radwin, Cambium, 4RF, LTE modems, etc.)
- Craft, revise and maintain design documentations; including radio communication drawings and design specifications to increase efficiency of on-the-field jobs.
- Support the drawings/designs to expand, modify or replace radio equipment.
- Maintain performance and reliability of radio systems and firmware.
- Maintain inventories of equipment.
What is in it for you?
A welcoming, team environment where you will be provided an opportunity to work with a Fortune 500 energy company. Eight Eleven group offers Health, Dental and Vision benefits, weekly pay, holiday paid time off and sick-leave.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.