Junior Cloud Engineer
Brooksource is searching for a Junior Cloud Engineer join our Fortune 50 Health Insurance partner that is looking to bring on junior level Cloud Engineer to assist with a variety of data science cloud migration tasks as part of their ongoing cloud transformation efforts. As a Junior Cloud Engineer, you will work within a Scrum Team to assist in migrating various data science applications and platforms into AWS, which includes infrastructure, cloud formation logic, network connectivity, etc.
This Junior Cloud Engineer in this role will experience a dynamic team environment and the opportunity to participate in paired programming on applications cloud applications within Enterprise Data Analytics & Science business sector. This indivdiual will first start off in the AWS space and eventually grow to become an engineer that codes within different multi cloud platforms like Azure, GCP, etc.
Daily You Will:
· Create, help, and support Python code in applications within the AWS platform
· Assist with and support relational and NOSQL databases in the cloud-based applications
· Support a project that will be enhancing and support Juniper Notebooks (an application built on Python that assists with data science presentations)
· Build out Ec2 instances, automate deployments, assist infrastructure, and cloud formation logic and network connectivity in the cloud enviornment
· Participate in guided mentorship from senior level team members and management in the cloud environment
· Be a part of a fully agile environment where you will learn tools like JIRA to help manage and complete stories
· Receive hands on training that can be used to get certifications in AWS and other cloud tools
· Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in CS, MIS, or any related field)
· Strong background and core coursework in Python development
· Strong background in Python libraries like Pandas, NumPy, Matplotlib, etc.
· Strong background and core coursework in SQL/relational database proficiency
o Queries, views, stored procedures, triggers, etc.
· Basic understanding of technology vertical: R, noSQL Databases, streaming data, APIs, web services, JSON, YAML
· Familiarity with AWS, cloud formation templates, compute clouds, application containers (e.g. Docker), Linux administration, scripting languages, Git, automated builds, automated testing, etc.
· Knowledge of SCRUM and AGILE methodologies
· Strong coding and troubleshooting skills
· Ideally, experience and/or interest in cloud development, machine learning, data science, etc.
· Healthcare experience and/or continuous integration/continuous deployment experience is a plus
Qualities of a Top Candidate:
· Strong interpersonal skills and written/oral communication skills to work effectively with business partners, peer IT resources, and all levels of management
· Ability to reason logically analyze and evaluate performance data and information, and draw appropriate conclusions
· Eager and excited learned looking to grow current development and application support skills
· Ability to multitask effectively
· Self-starter and capable of working with minimum oversight
· Positive and questioning attitude
· Location: Charlotte, NC (will be starting off full remote)
· Report: Reporting Manager of the Cloud Engineer team
· Company Size: Fortune 50 Health Insurance Company
· Team Size: 6 People
· Hours: Monday- Friday, 9:00AM – 5PM / 10:00AM – 6PM
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.