Junior Data Engineer
Hartford, CT or Remote
$27-30/hour (negotiable, depends on experience)
As the Jr. Data Engineer, you will be responsible for writing Python to manipulate data and create data models for an enterprise master data management platform. You will complete continuous development on this platform using Java and utilize Pyspark to process these datasets and create APIs to connect various data sources. The Junior Data Engineer will implement performant enterprise solutions while adhering to emerging application security standards and requirements. You will play an integral part in migrating an enterprise data platform to the public cloud. This is a great opportunity to be mentored and trained on new technologies in an agile environment.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Data Science Bootcamp experience
· Project or Internship experience with Java
· Solid understanding and hands on experience mining, manipulating, and modeling data with Python
· Project experience engineering databases (SQL, MongoDB) for deployment on the cloud
· Project or internship experience migrating an application to Amazon Web Services (AWS) a huge plus, specifically S3, Glue and Lambda
· Actively contribute to software development strategy and product roadmap specific to MDM development
· Write SQL queries to extract, manipulate and format data while using PySpark to connect data sources
· Develop and support Enterprise Customer Preferences, System Catalog, Individual Identity, and other customer aligned profile solutions in support of CRM and other Enterprise strategies
· Determine user requirement feasibility, support solution design, and monitor progress
· Write Python to develop statistical software and create data models
· Prepare platform for cloud migration and ensure highest data security measures are being performed
What’s In It For You?
· Exposure to new technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, and AWS
· Opportunity to start your career at a Fortune 15 Healthcare Company
· You will be trained and mentored by senior technologists
· You will attend networking events with senior leadership
· Weekly paychecks
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.