Jr. Data Scientist
12 Month Contract with potential for FTE
Our Fortune 50 Health Insurance client is seeking entry-level Data Scientist to assist with building data science models that will be utilized by Cloud Platform teams as part of our client's ongoing journey into the cloud. As a Junior Data Scientist, you will work within a large scrum team to build data science platforms and processes to facilitate the development of AI/ML models by others.
This Junior Data Scientist will Perform tasks required to implement predictive modeling features as software, including building artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and statistical models; packaging, deploying, integrating, and supporting AI/ML models; and building platforms and processes to facilitate the development of AI/ML models by others.
Daily You Will:
- Maintain and supports ML/AI software platforms by reviewing and solving issues and running ML/AI models
- Write software code to enable and automate ML/AI model training and deployment
- Deploy predictive models using established software patterns
- Write code to extract data from a variety of databases and data sources
- Build ML/AI models using common methods within R and Python
- Write software documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in CS, MIS, or any related field)
- Strong background in Python libraries like Pandas, NumPy, Matplotlib, etc.
- Strong background and core coursework in Python development
- Strong background in R
- Knowledge of SCRUM and AGILE methodologies
- Strong coding and troubleshooting skills
- Ideally, experience and/or interest in cloud development, machine learning, data science, etc.
- Preferred experience: SQL and noSQL databases, writing and consuming APIs, application containers (e.g. Docker), streaming data, building predictive models, compute clouds, creating database schemas, Linux administration, continuous integration/continuous deployment.
Qualities of a Top Candidate:
- Strong interpersonal skills and written/oral communication skills to work effectively with business partners, peer IT resources, and all levels of management
- Passion for Data Science
- Ability to reason logically analyze and evaluate performance data and information, and draw appropriate conclusions
- Eager and excited learned looking to grow current development and application support skills
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Self-starter and capable of working with minimum oversight
- Positive and questioning attitude
- Location: Charlotte, NC (will be starting off full remote)
- Report: Reporting Manager of the Data Science Modeling Team
- Company Size: Fortune 50 Health Insurance Company
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.