Junior Systems Engineer – (Entry Level)
Columbus, OH (Hybrid)
Brooksource is looking to hire a Junior Systems Engineer to work on a fast-paced Identity and Access Management Team. This position will be responsible for the day-to-day support and administration of the single sign-on environment, which includes implementations of vendor products from Ping Access, Ping Federate and Microsoft Azure. Largely, this role will assist BSA applications with the adoption of single sign-on capabilities as a foundational element of the overall security posture. This includes meeting with application teams to communicate the adoption process, obtain application details required for implementation and delivery of the capability adoption. As the systems engineer you will handle operational tasks such as tickets/requests, currency, and other maintenance required for security applications using Linux OX and Java. You will have the opportunity to build a very desirable skillset in an awesome workspace. If this sounds like something, you’re interested in please keep reading and apply below!
Must Have Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, Information Security, Cyber Security..etc.
- Eager to jump in and learn in fast-paced, enterprise environment
- Security IT background/focus and mindset
- Excellent communication skills (interface with business partners regularly)
- Enterprise Linux OS and command line experience
- Understanding of DevOps/Agile Processes
- Handle day-to-day operational tasks for Identity and Access Management and Identity Security
- Work through tasks and tickets as they come through for supported technologies
- Assist with server patching and upgrades to PING federated tool
- Train up on configuring application adoptions utilizing Ping for Federated and Desktop Single Sign On functionality
- General maintenance for supported technologies
- List of supported technologies:
- Azure Active Directory/Cloud-based LDAP Directories, Single Sign-On/Web Access Management (SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect)
- Linux OS and Command Line Interface
- Enterprise Ticketing Software (i.e. ServiceNow)
- Multi-Factor Authentication solutions
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to get your foot in the door of a Fortune 100 company
- Ability to work in cutting edge environment in the heart of downtown Columbus (lots of great places to eat and fun things to do close to building)
- Be a part of a tight knit team that has a lot of fun together
- Great work life balance
- Develop a very marketable skillset that will provide job security and allow for high earning potential
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.