ETL/Data Engineer – Data Integration
12 mo ongoing contract, renewed annually
Brooksource is looking for an Data Integration Data Engineer for our Fortune 100 Telecommunications client in the Charlotte, NC area. The Data Engineer will be an integral member of the Data Operations Architecture team. You will join the advertising/media organization and contribute to data solutions that power some of the largest and most successful marketing/advertising campaigns.
The primary responsibility of this role is to design and develop reusable components, code, and document custom automation frameworks, maintain scripts, and update these items as needed to build continuous delivery pipelines, ensuring rapid availability of the product.
This position requires strong collaboration with your Scrum Team (composed of Scrum Master, Product Owner, Lead Architect, ETL Developers ) to understand business requirements and provide appropriate data integration solutions in alignment with solution implementation architecture.
5+ years’ experience with the following:
- Experienced in building Data Integration and Workflow Solutions and Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) solutions for data warehousing
- Strong data architecture knowledge around enterprise data warehousing concepts, SQL development and optimization, and data integration
- Working experience with Python (and/or Unix scripts) and knowledge of relevant frameworks and libraries, such as workflow management utilities and libraries for accessing and extracting data.
- Expert experience with SQL databases and database querying languages
- Expert level experience with RDMNS, SQL, scripting and coding
- 2-3 years working with AWS (preferred) or Azure
- Experience with Snowflake and SnowSQL strongly desirable
- Experience/familiarity with Airflow to create, schedule and monitor workflows
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with data mining, data cleaning, data visualization and reporting techniques
- Hands-on experience with GitHub for version control
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum and SAFe
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience working with Media/Advertising MSO data and applications
- Strong desire to mentor others in the data integration space, providing technical and business guidance.
- Experience working with S3 buckets
- Drive company-wide excellence through active and consistent support of all efforts to simplify and enhance the client experience.
- Support data operations for reporting, analytics, applications and data science by creating and maintaining scalable, reliable, consistent and repeatable systems.
- Design and develop ETL to load the data warehouse and data marts and test ETL data pipelines to maintain data infrastructures
- Drive data operations processes through the collection and processing of raw data at scale, including writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs and writing SQL queries.
- Write and analyze complex SQL for the purpose of data extraction and processing –
- Maintain, improve, clean and manipulate data
- Profile data to measure quality, integrity, accuracy and completeness.
- Improve department processes by implementing tools, scripts, queries and applications for ETL and data operations.
- Deliver solutions by developing, testing and implementing code and scripts as part of a SAFe Agile team
- Produce reports and uphold data delivery schedules for senior leadership to leverage.
- Maximize the department through the management of multiple data source lifecycles.
- Increase the delivery speed of data by implementing workflow automation solutions.
Some Characteristics That Define You
- Analytical. In order to solve problems and build innovative new digital marketing campaigns, it is essential that you know how to take an idea and analyze it from all of its angles.
- Developer. In the ever-changing world of technology, it’s not enough just to build models. You bring to the table an eye for data patterns along with a knack for relational database engineering.
- Creative. Beyond just analyzing data sets, you are an explorer and a puzzle solver. Pulling insights out of your data and understanding how those insights can better shape our tools is something that you live to do.
- Company size: Fortune 100
- Hours: Standard 40-hour weeks
- Dress code: Business casual
- COVID Schedule: Rotational, 2-week onsite/rotational schedule
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH BROOKSOURCE:
- Direct communication with the hiring manager, which allows us to have a clear understanding of the timeline and move candidates through the interview process faster.
- Dedication to keep an open line of communication and provide full transparency.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.