Flight Motion System GN&C Engineer
Our client, a technical consulting and solutions provider for Federal customers in the defense, cyber, space and commercial fields, is seeking a Sr. or Lead Engineer to provide support for their growing Hypersonics business area. In this role, you will support testing and engineering analysis of Hypersonic programs. Infrared Scene Projection Systems to inject and/or project Infrared threat scenes to stimulate sensors in a Hard-Ware In-The-Loop (HWIL) environment. You will support the customer in Huntsville, as well as multiple test locations across the United States. Most of the work will be performed in an office environment but will also include time at integration laboratories and hypersonic test facilities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Physics, Electrical, Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent field from an ABET accredited school is required.
- The ideal candidate would have experience related to design, integration, simulation, test, and analysis of infrared scene projection systems used in Hard-Ware In-The-Loop (HWIL) environments.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen with a current US DoD Secret Clearance or possess/meet the eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Design, integrate, and test of IR scene projection systems and optical components
- Design and Integration of missile component and HWIL test equipment
- Understanding of target EO/IR signatures
- Real-Time Modeling and Simulation experience with threat signatures and flight environment effects for Hard-Ware In-The-Loop (HWIL) Infra-red Scene Projection (IRSP) (e.g. Joint Scientific Image Generator (JSIG), Fast Line-of-Sight Imagery For Targets and Exhaust-Plume Signatures (FLITES))
- Organizational skills to oversee development of test and analysis plans, modeling and simulations, data reduction and analysis, and uncertainty analysis.
- Able to contribute technical expertise throughout the system lifecycle including design, integration, test, and delivery to operations
- Organizational and Interpersonal skills to design, develop, integrate, and test HWIL capabilities as part of a larger team
- Experience with On-line Collaboration tools (e.g. Teams, Sharepoint, Zoom)
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.