Lead Oracle Database Administrator
As the Lead Oracle DBA, you will work on a fast-paced team for a Fortune 50 Technology company to provide technical leadership and engineering for the overall quality of the enterprise database environment. You will provide architecture design, development, capacity and performance planning and ongoing evaluations of core technologies. You will lead efforts cross-functionally in adhering to standards and best practices.
- 10+ years of experience as Oracle DBA in design and administration of logical and relational databases.
- Expert knowledge of Oracle Database 12c, including installation, administration, backup/recovery and troubleshooting
- In-depth knowledge of partitioning, RMAN, Grid Control and Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Experience with Linux/AIX
- Strong performance tuning and database optimization abilities
- Strong Shell scripting experience
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert on all aspects of database management including database design, capacity management, security, backup and recovery, performance tuning and automation.
- Assist with data migration and conversion
- Design, implement and communicate standardized DBA processes and best practices
- Provide expertise to application development team with SQL query optimization and resolve complex database problems through research, analysis and expertise. Work with team to develop database architectures and tuning/coding standards.
- Develop relevant documentation for new enterprise-scale technologies that will be supported by other groups.
- Ensure the transition of new technologies to deployment and support teams, assisting with trouble resolution when needed.
What's In It For You?
- Throughout the day, you will collaborate with your teammates and interact with business leaders
- Actively participate and/or lead in our lunch and learn sessions
- Work in an open environment where creativity is welcome and encouraged
- Stay current with emerging technology trends
About Eight Eleven:
At Eight Eleven, our business is people. Relationships are at the center of what we do. A successful partnership is only as strong as the relationship built. We’re your trusted partner for IT hiring, recruiting and staffing needs.
For over 16 years, Eight Eleven has established and maintained relationships that are designed to meet your IT staffing needs. Whether, it’s contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent work, we customize our search based upon your company’s unique initiatives, culture and technologies. With our national team of recruiters placed at 21 major hubs around the nation, Eight Eleven finds the people best suited for your business. When you work with us, we work with you. That’s the Eight Eleven promise.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.