Lead Software Engineer
Atlanta, GA – Hybrid (onsite 4 times per month)
6-12 Month Contract-to-Hire
Brooksource is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our Fortune 500 client's technology practice. The lead software engineer role applies the principles of secure software engineering to the design, development, maintenance, testing and evaluation of software and cloud infrastructure. Works cross functionally to understand business requirements, architecture, and technology direction, evaluate alternative approaches and ensure software and systems are designed accordingly. Incorporates state-of-the-art concepts and practices to facilitate system functionality, scalability, resilience, and security as well as ease-of-use (developer / user experience). Applies agile principles to software development with a focus on delivery of business value, collaboration, continuous improvement, and sustainability.
– Leads team efforts to design, develop, test and document complex software systems and applications.
– May support multiple teams through provision of sound technical and procedural guidance and solution development.
– Collaborates with analysts, peers and stakeholders to develop highly complex systems.
– Estimates software development tasks to within predictable variances, given specified functional and business requirements.
– Evaluates secure coding practices and tools, recommending and driving improvements.
– Defines and recommends metrics to improve on quality, cycle time, reliability and other key factors.
– Presents system alterations and designs to peers and colleagues, as needed.
– Provides technical and procedural guidance to fellow team members, adjacent teams and other relevant stakeholders.
– B.S. in Computer Science or related discipline
– 6+ years’ experience in a related field required
Fundamental Business and Functional Skills
– Analytical Thinking – Ability to apply effective analytical techniques and tools to analyze issues and create alternative solutions.
– Requirements Analysis – Ability to elicit, analyze, and record required business functionality and non-functionality requirements.
– Software Installation and Support – Ability to plan and execute software platform changes with minimal disruption to clients/ongoing activity.
– System and Technology Integration – Knowledge of technology system features and the ability to integrate and communicate among applications, databases, and platforms.
– Technical Troubleshooting – Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools, and techniques and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical problems.
– Builds Partnerships – Proactively builds and maintains business-focused, long-term working relationships with partners inside and outside of the organization.
– Challenges Personal Limitations – Sets challenging goals to close own skill gaps, takes on new assignments outside own comfort zone.
– Drives Innovation – Explores alternative ways to view and solve problems to achieve results, takes risks to find a better way.
– Focuses on Execution – Establishes challenging goals to deliver exceptional business results, works tenaciously to overcome obstacles and meet/exceed goals.
– Strives for Excellence – Establishes criteria and procedures to achieve a high level of quality, productivity, and service, accepts responsibility for outcomes and admits mistakes.
- AWS Environment experience
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.