Our Fortune 10 Healthcare Client is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join its Medicaid organization as they experience rapid growth. This team builds out capabilities that allow states to enroll in Medicaid with one click.
This role is designed for someone who's looking for an opportunity to step into a highly collaborative environment where they can make a tangible impact on the healthcare of millions of Americans.
- Lead a team of Software Engineers to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and continuously improve software
- Manages 2 to 4 Software Engineering Teams. Each team consists of a Scrum Manager and 4 to 10 Software and Quality Engineers.
- Accountable to review and provide team with defined Software strategy, standards, procedures, tools, and processes
- Works with the business to ensure that their needs are met with the most cost effective and simple solution option
- Provide management updates, status reporting, and dashboards from a software perspective to demonstrate product progress and process maturity
- Provide tracking of program progress, align to business and IT MBOs and execute with taking full accountability of the software development processes for assigned scrum teams and engagements
- Drive and ensure alignment with Engineering peers and tech leads during strategy, planning and delivery
- Identify areas of process improvements and build automated solutions to increase efficiency & productivity
- Lead and provide technical support to the delivery teams
- Ensure solution and delivery teams follows best practices and improve application performance
- Ensure team is building reusable components, frameworks and libraries which can be leveraged across department
- 6+ years of progressive experience in Software Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in providing engineering leadership to small/medium size engineering teams
- 4+ years of experience designing and implementing RESTful services
- 4+ years of experience in building microservices, Spring boot preferred
- 2+ years of experience development/ maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- 3+ years of experience working with relational and/or NoSQL databases
- 2+ years of cloud experience
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.