SQ Assurance Engineers (SQAE) are responsible for defining, implementing and continuously improving policies, processes and procedures that deliver products and services of the highest level of quality and reliability for the business and customers. The SQAE also creates, executes and documents the tests necessary to ensure that application and technical environment meets performance requirements (technical and functional) and free from defects. The SQAE ensures that quality standards are met and adhered to by using their knowledge and quality assurance methods, tools and techniques. The SQAE will resolve, document, and report to management quality problems that arise.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• 5-7 activities and outcomes that require a significant amount of time and/or periodic tasks and outcomes that are critical to the job
• Provide an indication of task or outcome complexity
• Optional: % of time spent on each task
• Define and develop automated testing scripts for complex environments and multiple platforms
• Lead and understand how complex technical requirements lead to test cases and be able to write a positive and negative technical test case.
• Lead and understand how complex business requirements lead to test cases and be able to write a positive and negative test case.
• Ability to write test cases under the direction of others
• Design, implement and review Test plans and Test Cases.
• Review and understand documentation related to projects assigned and provide test estimates. Gather and publish all estimates in a concise and trackable format
• Lead, plan, coordinate and/or participates all aspects of testing, including automation of: Smoke / Sanity Test, Functional Test, Integration Test, Regression Test, Performance Test, and Post Implementation test as appropriate for continuous delivery.
• Lead and manage defect life cycle in appropriate defect tracking tools and proactively identify risks to management
• Provides, evaluates and manages the test status
• Plans, defines and prepares test data to support deliverables.
• Direct and mentor other in technical writing
• Educate project teams on testing methodologies and needed
• Champion test automation adoption and methods when partnering with other SQAEs across the organization
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, business, mathematics or related field
• 5+ years of applicable experience
• Strong organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Technical writing
• Highly experienced with Test automation and frameworks
• Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.