The Lead Solutions Architect supports and may lead the architecture design. Directs the conceptual and technical designing, developing, implementing and governance of large-scale technology solutions that deliver business value across the organization while continuously improving time to market.
The Lead Solutions Architect is responsible for analyzing, designing, building, testing, debugging, documenting, implementing and maintaining new or existing applications and software on distributed and/or mainframe systems. They review and analyze user needs and design proposed system solutions based on requirements. They participate in the development and testing of these solutions and ensure adherence to defined timelines. They evaluate and configure systems and peripherals for performance and serviceability, reliability, and availability. They recommend enhancements, upgrades and/or changes to the system configuration to maintain optimum system performance and utility. The Solutions Architect documents all aspects of an application or system to include network diagrams/flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and revision dates. They collaborate with other IT and business professionals and deliver high quality results.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Directs work on all phases of application development
- Provides technical thought leadership on all sized efforts across multiple business units
- Serves as the technical expert on large-scale efforts across multiple business units
- Oversees efforts to successfully deliver the right resources on initiatives in a timely and effective manner
- Proactively finds and resolves risks within assets, technologies and platforms across business units
- Ensures data quality is at the forefront during daily team efforts
- Ensures at an application level that multiple solutions fit together
- Leads vendor and internal technical staff during implementations
- Seeks out and drives improvements and innovation
- Leads entire solution process ensuring the current and future business needs are met
- Understands the business needs and translates into technical plans and processes across multiple business units
- Acts as the subject matter expert for technology solutions across multiple business units
- Oversees and directs other team members on the functionality used by software applications, including change management, security and authentication, disaster recovery planning, support for data access, system configurations and reports
- Sets and drives commitments to achieve desired priorities
- Drives architectural design and sets technical application standards across the organization in alignment with architectural patterns
- Leverages experience and technical leadership to drive best practices in Thrivent’s environments
- Champions architecture direction and vision to leadership
- Accountable for the entire portfolio of solutions within a given business unit
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, MIS, mathematics, or related field.
- 8+ years of applicable experience including prior lead experience.
- Backend API experience is a must
- Experience with the Atlassian Stack Technologies
- Advanced in-depth knowledge of systems design, architecting and demonstrated leadership on all sized efforts.
- Strong organizational, analytical, critical thinking and leadership skills.
- Java experience is a must.
- Mutual Funds and/or Investment’s knowledge is a plus.
- Agile and Kanban experience is a plus.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.