Linux System Admin – Top Secret SCI Poly Required
Northern Virginia (onsite required)
Salary Dependent on Experience
Our Fortune 10, industry leading partner is seeking a Linux System Administrator (SA) position in support of a Government Solutions customer in the Northern Virginia area. As the Linux SA, you will work closely with the other SAs, product vendors and the end-users to troubleshoot and resolve issues. The candidate for this position will have working experience with the full administration over a Linux environment to include OS, application and hardware implementation and maintenance. Skills and familiarity with the Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Operating System is a must. This position also requires strong problem solving and communication skills, as well as the ability to work alone and as a member of the support and development team.
· 5+ year of system administration experience
· Familiar with IP networking and basic troubleshooting
· Red Hat Enterprise Linux Experience
· TS/SCI with Poly
· Willingness to be on-call 24×7 and respond to system issues as needed
· Willingness to work in Northern Virginia
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems within an enterprise server environment
· Install O/S patch updates and third party application updates to maintain system reliability and security posture
· Managing user accounts and permissions
· Monitoring and reviewing system and application logs
· Install, setup and maintain, troubleshoot system hardware (HP enterprise servers and storage systems)
· Support a Lab environment for testing software and patch updates to systems pre-production
· Create/maintain shell scripts as needed to support/automate various system task
· Create and maintain backup of the systems and maintain and update the disaster recovery plans of the systems
· Create and maintain system documentation to support procedures for installing, operating and maintaining the systems
· Operate and maintain a limited VMWare ESXi virtualized environment.
· BA in Computer Science or equivalent
· Experience with Windows Server environments is a plus
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.