Our Fortune 50 Health Insurance client is seeking a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to assist with building data science models that will be utilized by Cloud Platform teams as part of our client's ongoing journey into the cloud. As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you will work within a large scrum team to build data science platforms and processes to facilitate the development of AI/ML models by others.
To succeed in this position, you need to have experience working on end-end machine learning and/or NLP pipeline, working knowledge on machine learning algorithms and know how to connect various components of machine learning and software engineering to make solution production ready. Top candidates will be persistent, and have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, be innately curious in solving the most complex problems and identifying opportunities for improvements, while working in a collaborative environment with Data Engineers, Software Engineers, Product Managers and Experienced Designers.
• Develop appropriate machine learning models that solve business problems and can be made production ready.
• Oversee the end-end machine learning and/or NLP pipeline from data ETL to building solutions, to operationalization of solutions.
• Be aware and up to-date with MLOPs tools and processes.
• Share complex ideas verbally and visually with broad audience from technical and non-technical background.
• Build and adopt solutions to automate and integrate machine learning processes.
• Research latest and best solutions to solve data challenges at hand.
• Interpret and communicate result of complex models with software engineers, product owners and other stakeholders.
• MSc or PhD degree in Computer Science, or quantitative fields and 5+ years of industry experience
• Advanced coursework in machine learning and programming
• Experience with statistical data analysis, and machine learning such as linear models, time-series forecasting, neural network, random forest, etc
• Experience building production ready NLP and/or machine learning solutions
• Proficient modeling in Python, data wrangling in SQL relational database
• Critical thinker and good problem-solver
• Excellent communication/presentation skills, with an ability to present the value.
• Team player
• Experience working in agile working environment
• Experience working with global, distributed, multi-cultural teams.
• Experience working in a heavily regulated industry. Healthcare is a plus.
• Experience with AWS, Spark, R
• Experience working with AWS
· Location: Charlotte, NC (will be starting off full remote)
· Report: Reporting Manager of the Cloud Engineer team
· Company Size: Fortune 50 Health Insurance Company
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.