Role: Software Engineer (Java)
Brooksource was recently awarded a new consulting engagement with one of our biggest Denver based clients. We will be growing our scope and presence within this organization, and as a result, we’re assembling a full scrum team to help develop the country’s first virtualized, standalone 5G wireless network. Successful delivery of these applications, platforms, and systems will ultimately determine the success of our client’s emergence into the Wireless industry.
Are you looking to grow your career as a Software Engineer in the local Denver area, working with a company that constantly disrupts their industry? As part of our team, you will get to deliver creative solutions for our client’s new Wireless venture! In this role, you will work with a skilled agile development team within our Wireless OSS Inventory group to develop Java based projects in a cloud-native environment. This group will have space and equipment allocated from our client but will function as a part of Brooksource’s consulting team.
Location: Littleton, CO
Contract Details: W-2 project employment with Brooksource. Ongoing project that will be reviewed with our client quarterly. We fully expect that the engagement will be grown, and timeline extended with eventual full-time hire expected.
Pay Rates: $55-59/hr. BOE
Start Date: February 2023
Shift: Normal. Options for flexible working hours and location possible.
Reporting to: Ian Robinson (Manager – Brooksource)
- Design, implement, and test back-end solutions using Java and SpringBoot in AWS environment
- Assist in developing and maintaining continuous integration pipelines
- Work closely with product owner to execute and develop stories and features
- Interface with other teams as needed to resolve dependencies
- Collaborate with other team members to integrate various components into a finished product
- Think and execute in Agile manner
- Bachelors or master’s degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience developing Java/SpringBoot based microservices
- Extensive experience building, documenting, and supporting robust RESTful APIs
- Deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals; including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis
- CI/CD and source control experience (branching, merging, rebasing)
- Experience using container and container management tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Great communication skills – someone who passionate about sharing your vision and getting others excited
- Experience with pub/sub, graph and relational database, and workflow/orchestration technologies
- Domain expertise in Wireless, Inventory, Operational Support Systems
- Experience with AWS cloud infrastructure and services
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.