Senior DevSecOps Engineer
6 Month Contract-To-Hire
Huntsville, AL (Hybrid)
Our government client in Huntsville, AL is an emerging and rapidly expanding small business specializing in Hypersonics, Cybersecurity, DevSecOps, Digital Forensics, and Supply Chain, is seeking a passionate, self-starting individual that will thrive in a small company by applying their skills to resolve challenges while learning new skills along the way. Without the bureaucracy that often exists in larger corporations, we can offer increased flexibility, more visibility, and greater opportunities along with big-time benefits, such as a flexible paid time-off policy. The company’s experienced leadership has successfully grown several companies, and we believe in taking care of our people, who in turn will carry out their mission.
We offer great work life balance and a fun dedicated team that enjoys our work. We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic, a solid technical foundation, and a willingness to learn new technologies. Thank you for considering our company, and we look forward to welcoming you aboard!
· Work as a lead and stakeholder on the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) DevOps infrastructure team.
· Serve as a DevSecOps lead supporting one or more project offices with the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Next Generation Interceptor (NGI), Ground Weapons System (GWS), or Systems Integration, Test & Readiness (SITR). This position will provide engineering analysis and assessment to support future mission command DevSecOps efforts.
· Must be highly organized with a strong technical background in network or software engineering principles and best practices.
· The position requires the candidate to have a working knowledge of the Agile Methodology and understanding of classic Waterfall Systems Engineering to support GMD program transition to Agile.
· Will be responsible for coordinating with the Cyber Security team to ensure network and infrastructure security as part of the infrastructure solution.
· The DevSecOps team focuses on automated test through the entire CI/CD pipeline and development lifecycle. The ideal candidate will work to bring modern software development techniques to our DOD customers.
· The DevSecOps team is focused on moving MDA GMD environments to the cloud for better integration with the prime contractors. You will serve as an escalation point for critical and complex issues, performs configuration and testing of products, assists with developing and documenting work processes, and trains other members of the team.
· The candidate in this role will function within of the MDA GMD project offices (NGI, GWS, or SITR) and will work with both contractors, government civilians, and system operators.
· Must have experience in at least one of the following areas: DevSecOps, Network Engineering, or Software Engineering.
· Must be a self-starter and comfortable in a fast-paced working environment and be willing to engage various levels of stakeholders to ensure that the DevSecOps infrastructure and network environments meet the needs of the intended users.
· A bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, or related field is required.
· Certifications: Security+ or equivalent
· 10 or more years of System or Software Engineering experience.
· Must be a US Citizen and a resident of the Huntsville, AL area or be willing to relocate to the Huntsville, AL area.
· Experience in support of DoD programs is preferred, especially in an MDA program is highly desired.
· Experience with the Agile methodology. SAFe© Agile experience a plus.
· Understanding, interest in, or experience with DevSecOps, agile and lean philosophies
· Experience in Software test suites, CI/CD pipelines, automated software build and test
· Understanding of Software Test Automation concepts.
· Understanding cloud, virtualization, APIs, and modern software languages
· Able to contribute technical expertise throughout the software lifecycle including design, integration, test, and delivery to operations.
· Experience working with SDLC tools (GitLab, JIRA, Jenkins)
· Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills with clear excellent communication skills
· Experience working with both development staff and end users and strong work ethic.
· Candidate needs to have a record of taking initiative and being a team player in a small team environment. We enjoy chasing technical problems down the rabbit hole, and you should, too.
· Ability to collaborate with different roles to achieve common goals.
Other Desired Qualifications:
· Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages: Java, Python, Go, Ruby, C++, etc.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.