Job Description: Middleware Administrator
Our client, a multi-billion dollar enterprise organization in West Michigan is investing heavily in IT and growing their organization. Infrastructure software administrators at Gordon Food Service, also known as Middleware Administrators, enjoy a broad portfolio of tools to learn, a strong team with a helpful culture, and an opportunity to grow in your career.
1. 2+ years’ experience with WebLogic Application Server Administration experience
· There are dozens of legacy applications being deployed via WebLogic Server, most of which are Java-based.
2. Hands-on experience with Puppet
· Must have previous experience working in an Infrastructure-as-code (IaC)/ DevOps environment.
3. Strong Shell Scripting experience
· Experience working with JIRA.
· Strong Agile experience
· Experience working in a SAFe Agile environment an experience in Program Increment (PI) planning sessions.
· Experience working in a DevOps environment, and experience deploying infrastructure and code through a CI/CD pipeline.
Additional technologies (nice to have):
● Splunk administration
● Oracle Unified Directory (OUD) or Oracle Directory Services Enterprise Edtn (ODSEE) administration
● NetIQ Advanced Authenticator administration
● NetIQ Access Manager administration
● Autosys administration
● Tomcat administration
● Tibco Enterprise Messaging Service (EMS) administration
● Solarwinds DPA administration
● Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket) administration
● Axis Technology DM Suite administration
· Team members do a number of activities throughout the day, but it depends on the task(s) on their plate at that time.
· Each team member participates in the on call rotation supporting development teams using the middleware tool stack.
· Some tasks are individual in nature, while others may include tight collaboration with another middleware admin, other infrastructure admins, or software engineers.
· There are daily virtual stand-ups – sometimes over video, sometimes via chat room – as well as weekly staff meetings.
· Training includes hands-on learning with extensive documentation, mentorship, and opportunities for formal vendor training.
· Growth opportunities include roles inside of cloud devOps teams, leadership development, enterprise architecture roles.
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.