Mobile Application Developer
Boston, MA / Minneapolis, MN
One of our Fortune 10 Healthcare clients in Boston is looking for a Mobile App Developer to join their team to assist in the continuous development of a program designed to motivate members to live healthier lives. You will dig into the complex but rewarding world of IoT, wearables, and cross-platform development, all at massive scale. The role demands system thinking, great execution, bold innovation, obsession with quality, solving problems with creativity while keeping the user in mind and ambition to take projects over the finish line. The opportunities are endless to learn and grow with new technologies as well as increasing your knowledge in their existing technologies. If you get excited about change, innovation, and learning, all while helping people live healthier lives, this is the position for you.
- 5+ years of experience building and shipping production software in a scaled distributed environment (preferably in public cloud – AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud)
- 1+ year of experience with React Native mobile development
- Experience with relational databases, NoSQL databases and Docker (AWS Aurora & DynamoDB preferred)
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical colleagues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field OR related practical experience
- Join a development team to perform all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development and testing with a focus on React Native
- Cultivate and establish best practices for mobile applications and evangelize continuous delivery with a focus on speed, risks, and fast end user feedback so that business requests can be quickly delivered and measured against KPIs.
- Use critical thinking and background to look at complex native app problems, offer feedback and guidance as to how we solve them/best practices, and lead the team that delivers the ultimate solution
- Participate in an Agile / Scrum / Kanban methodology to deliver high-quality software releases every 2 weeks
- Support and mentor engineers with empathetic coaching and skills development
- Collaborate on the design with other team members and product owners, both inside and outside the scrum team
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure code developed meets coding best practices guidelines, unit testing, security, and scalability and maintainability guidelines
ABOUT EIGHT ELEVEN GROUP:
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.