Charlotte, NC (currently remote)
1 year contract opportunity
Brooksource is seeking a highly skilled mobile developer to join our Fortune 500 Utility Provider for a 1-year contract opportunity. This resource's primary function will be mobile development within both their iOS and Android platforms.
- Maintains and enhances existing applications.
- Troubleshoots and debugs applications, including user and system interface functionality.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams and clients to define, design and deliver enhancements, new applications, and technical solutions that meet the needs of the company, its clients, and the end users.
- Configures a design that satisfies business requirements and desired specifications.
- Researches, evaluates and implements new technology to optimize application efficiency and usability.
- Maintains records to document system and programming development and revisions.
- Designs modifications based on defined requirements and coordinates development efforts on maintained applications.
- Programs and directs other programmers in required programming languages, database SQL, report writing, ETL, Assists with testing and migrating code through test regions.
- Ensures adherence to appropriate design, coding and source control standards. Leads design and code walk-thru as a presenter or reviewer.
- Processes Change Requests and Quality Assurance (QA) documentation for project implementations and support changes.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- In lieu of a degree, 8 years of related business experience.
- Work experience in addition to degree: 5-10 years as an IT Application Developer or equivalent.
- Job-specific knowledge, skills or abilities: Four years coding/programming, trouble-shooting, problem-solving, logical design, SQL coding, Business Requirements analysis, vendor management, root cause analysis
- Expert coding skills in 1 or more standard languages.
- Demonstrated success in complex problem solving and an understanding of quality delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others having differing priorities/views/goals than your own; to meet your goals.
- Understand and lead others in use of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Effective communication skills.
- Experience with schema/database design, Enterprise Standards and Process Adherence
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.