QA Engineer – Connected TV Team
Atlanta/Remote, 9-month Contract Opportunity
As the Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be responsible for functional testing TV applications for our Digital Media Client's news television properties. The role demands a seasoned QA engineer with a focus on Connected TV (CTV) and Smart TV devices (Samsung/Android TV/Roku/Fire TV/ Apple TV). The successful candidate must have an established background in testing and validating customer-facing CTV applications, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Quality assurance, testing and validation of television properties SmartTV/CTV apps
- Write and execute functional test cases (manual/automated)
- Plan and prepare test environments to ensure test plans can be executed in a timely and efficient manner
- Partner with software developers and product teams to ensure production code meets the highest standards
- Participate in the Scrum activities (daily standups, sprint reviews, product demos, retrospectives, and planning)
- Functional, regression and post-launch testing and validation
- Responsible for communicating and resolving software defects
- Measure and track quality assurance metrics across application
- 6+ years of hands on experience in testing all types of CTV and/or Mobile Applications (Native, Hybrid)
- Experience with Charles proxy or related/similar debugging tools.
- Experience working with SaaS test automation solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, or related disciplines (or equivalent education and experience)
- Good understanding of software development processes and scripting skills with an object-oriented programming
- Experience testing streaming video products
- Experience with Agile development projects, especially Scrum
- Passion for working in small teams with rapid development cycles
- Proven results-oriented person with a delivery and quality focus
- Experience working with Google analytics and Ads integration (DFP) a plus
- Experience with media related applications (TV, Radio and Newspaper) or building large consumer-oriented applications a plus
- Excellent written & verbal communications
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.