a. 5+ years Modern .Net methodologies (C#, with full unit-testing and mocking, dependency injection, interfaces, utilizing SOLID Principles, etc.)
b. 3+ years Microsoft SQL Server and relational database design (Stored procedures, Table-Types, Indices, etc.)
c. 2+ years working with Agile methodologies
*** What experience will set candidates apart from one another?
a. Migrating projects from .Net to .NET Core
b. Source Code Management utilizing GIT,TFS/Azure DevOps
c. Application and database performance tuning
d. Log aggregation solutions like Splunk
e. APM tools like Dynatrace, New Relic, Datadog
*** Cannot provide sponsorship upon conversion.
Please describe the team the candidate will be working with – how many members and what is the break-down of the team’s skill sets (ex: 1 PM, 4 Developers, etc.): One scrum team consisting of 8 developers located across the United States and India.
What does the ideal candidate background look like (ex: healthcare specific background, etc.): Financial, Banking a plus but not required.
What are the top 5-10 responsibilities for this position? (Please be detailed as to what the candidate is expected to do or complete on a daily basis):
– Develop and support custom batch, web and REST applications using .NET technologies.
– Apply advanced knowledge of .NET Languages (such as C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET) with an eye towards simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance and re-use.
– Apply knowledge of Security, REST Services and Micro-Services into the design and development of applications.
– Participate and take initiatives in Agile and iterative development sprints.
– Conduct unit tests, deployments, and ensure version control
– Utilize DevOps best practices while proactively monitoring and identifying problems and effectively communicating solutions to peers and management
– Collaborate with team members through solution and code reviews
What skills/attributes are required (Please be detailed as to number of years of experience)?
– 5+ years of overall web development experience with ASP.NET, C# and Web API REST Services
– 3+ years of experience with SQL Server and relational database design
– 2+ years of experience with Agile methodologies
– Experience with:
• SCM – Source Code Management with GIT, TFS/Azure DevOps
• Unit Testing and Mocking frameworks.
• Microservice architectures
• Object oriented programming
• SOLID Principles
What skills/attributes are preferred (will set a candidate apart)?
– Experience with:
• Migrating from VB.NET to C# and/or .NET to .NET Core
• APM tools like Dynatrace, New Relic, Datadog
• Log aggregation solutions like Splunk
• Public cloud such as AWS and Azure
• Application and database performance tuning
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.