Financial Services Client
Remote – Some Travel Possible Eventually
Manager Location: Indianapolis, IN
Application Delivery Team
What You'll Contribute
As part of the Application Delivery team, you will build applications that provide modern and intuitive user experiences that delight our customers, continue our Agile and DevOps transformation, work to migrate applications to the cloud, build cloud native solutions, and work with other top developers in building solutions that scale in a high-volume transactional environment.
What You'll Do
- Helps lead Application Development teams.
- Works in iterative sprints to drive the design, development and testing of solutions.
- Builds automation and tests to streamline the code to cash pipeline.
- Refactors new and legacy code as we work towards eliminating technical debt.
- Collaborates with agile teams to identify approach, dependencies, tasks, and seek opportunities for automation.
- Leads other team members, helps recruit and onboard other top-talented developers
- Continually improves craft as a software engineer by learning and leveraging the latest design patterns, principles and technology.
- Leads training and Communities of Practice (CoPs) and reads related materials to stay ahead of the technology curve.
What You Have
- College Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a full-time software developer or engineer.
- 3-5 years full stack development.
3 – 5 years of experience:
- C# .NET backend development and strong knowledge of .NET platform
- Fluent in two or more programming languages: C#, Groovy, Java, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby and Scala
- Designing, developing and consuming RESTful, SOAP and GraphQL based web services for mission critical, high-volume systems
- Basic understanding of Common Language Runtime (CLR), its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as git
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and experience working in Agile methodologies
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Experience working with automated testing platforms
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with peers and management
- Skill for writing reusable and platform libraries
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Experience with asynchronous processing
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable and highly available application
- Strong understanding and experience writing unit tests
Nice to Have:
- Programming experience multiple scripting and programming languages and supporting technologies such as React, AWS, Java, Python, R, Ruby, Go, bash, Swift, Azure DevOps
- Hands on experience with functional programming languages
- Software architecture experience
- Test driven development (TDD) experience
- Experience with Event Driven and event sourced architectures leveraging microservices
- Experience designing/developing robust API’s for mission critical, high volume systems. (RESTful, GraphQL, AWS API Gateway)
- Strong experience with AWS storage components S3 & Glacier
- Experience working in financial services industry, regulated compliance environment
Brooksource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.